“Beautiful Views and Amazing Ice Tea”
Review of Secret Six Tavern - CLOSED

Secret Six Tavern
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I came here in the evening to have an ice tea with a friend. The staff was very gracious in letting us have our ice tea on the outdoor deck. We would have had something to eat but the kitchen had just closed. Regardless I enjoyed every moment of sitting outdoors and drinking one of the best ice teas in my life (it's freshly brewed everyday). I would make a return visit to Secret Six Tavern if I ever found myself back in amazing Harpers Ferry.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Great place for dinner and drink! Mellow atmosphere with outside seating perfect for kids and adults. Service is semi slow and the bathooms are almost in the kitchen (haha fun times!) However if youre looking for a place with a gorgeous view, place to relax and try a few new beers this is your spot! Go enjoy and relax... not everything in life needs to be go go go !!

1  Thank meganth85
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My wife and I went here during our visit to Harper's Ferry. On a Friday night nearly every other place was closed around 8pm. Service was pretty good, there were quite a few tables occupied inside, but we sat outside. Nice view of the river valley. Excellent craft beers and our server was pretty knowledgeable about them. Food was pretty good for bar food. I would go back here again.

1  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The best thing about this place is the view out over the River! Otherwise, don't waste your time. There was a sign that told us to wait to be seated. We waited and waited some more. Finally somebody showed up and took us to our seat. We requested outside. I should have known something was wrong when I only saw 2 other tables with customers and then a family of 4 came was seated near us. There was nobody in the main dining room when we went in either but there were a couple of guys there when we left but they were just having a beer. I had to ask for a waiter/waitress and it was around 1:30 PM on Sunday afternoon. It was like we were invisible. The service providers of which there were several absolutely ignored us. Patience is a must in this case. You better bring a lot of it! My burger was dry, tasteless and I could have had a better one at McDonald's. They only serve beer and wine. My friend ordered a draft beer and they were out of it. When he did finally get a beer and wanted a refill the waitress brought him an entirely different brew. I looked at it and realized it wasn't the same and I don't drink beer. He tasted it and said it wasn't the same and about that time, the waitress came back and admitted she poured him the wrong beer. She did replace it with the proper one. They had a lot of wait staff just hanging around. In fact, while we were sitting looking out at the view, our waitress was on the street talking to somebody on a motorcycle; obviously not paying attention to us, her customers. And, as we were walking to our car, we saw the rest of the wait staff leaving. It was only about 3:00 which on a Sunday afternoon in a busy tourist town, don't you think they'd have customers? Don't even think to use the restroom; it was obviously made for a hobbit. The one good thing was that we were able to get a picture of an eagle flying overhead. All-in-all, skip this place unless you just want a beer and a good view! I know we won't be going back or recommending it to our friends.

1  Thank QwnTut
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Scenery: 3/5- Cozy. Clean. Nice view, but everything has a nice view in that area.
Service: 2/5- Manager was friendly, but service was slow and inconsistent. Had to ask for silverware. She disappeared after she gave us our food.
Food: 1/5- The plainest steak and cheese sandwich I've ever had. $10. They gave me like 15 tiny French fries to eat with it.
Beer: 2/5- In comparison to the other places in Harpers Ferry it probably has an above average selection. Miners Daughter Oatmeal Stout was tasty. Wine was $7 a glass. Draft beer about $4.50.