“No Longer "The Secret Six"”
Review of Secret Six Tavern - CLOSED

Secret Six Tavern
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sorry to say the Secret Six Resturant is no longer in business, it is now the Potomac Grille. We had lunch there just a couple of weeks ago and it was just "ok" for the price. The deck has a great view and the service is good.

1  Thank Maggie D

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The décor and service were very good. The problem was a disconnect between the cost and the quality of the food. The food was not too pricey, but we just expected a little more. I got the blue cheese burger. The description was crumbled blue cheese on a burger. What I got was about a teaspoon of some blue cheese paste on what looked like a bubba burger. It tasted ok, but reminded me of the burgers I get at the high school football game. My wife ordered the fish and chips. Again just average....one more note, the coleslaw was terrible. It had to be the worst I ever tasted. I think it was just cabbage mixed with mayo. Nothing else. I know every one has different tastes and you may find this place really good. This is just the opinion of a guy who eats out at least 5 times a month all over the country.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were walking back to our rental house and decided to stop for dinner where we could see the mountains. Secret Six had a nice big deck outside and it was downtown so we thought it was worth checking out. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server was very nice and very accommodating to all of our quirks and preferences.

The beers were local and people enjoyed them. I didn't expect much from my vegetarian pasta dish but it was actually really good. It had some kind of cream sauce but better than alfredo.

The others seemed to enjoy their dishes too. We must have caught them on a good night.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

On a Saturday afternoon we walked just up the hill and saw people eating on a deck so we checked it out. We were greeted just inside the door with a sign that said the hostess will seat you, after getting the feeling that we were invisible we asked if we should seat ourselves. A man seated near the bar jumped to his feet and grabbed a few menus and silverware, we were then seated along the deck railing as we requested and waited about 10 minutes before our waitress arrived to get drink requests. We asked for water and beer. Both draft beers that we requested from the menu were not available, so we settled on something different. We also ordered the steak and cheese sandwich and the 1/2 lb Union burger which came with bacon. There is also a 1/2 lb Confederate burger that comes with ham. We waited approximately 45-50 minutes for the food. Both came with fries, and we requested that each sandwich be cut in half so we could each try them. They were not cut, the waitress offered to take it back to be cut since she requested it on our order, we cut them our selves. The union burger was MUCH better than the steak and cheese. The fries were just ok, a bit dark and not very crispy. This Tavern seems very family friendly since we saw families with infants in strollers to families with teens. The view from the balcony overlooks the parking lot near the train tracks, and we could also see people on a balcony above us, not seated, but drinking, so we assumed it was part of the bar. I highly doubt that we will eat here again with all the other places around Harpers Ferry, there has to be better.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I came here in the evening to have an ice tea with a friend. The staff was very gracious in letting us have our ice tea on the outdoor deck. We would have had something to eat but the kitchen had just closed. Regardless I enjoyed every moment of sitting outdoors and drinking one of the best ice teas in my life (it's freshly brewed everyday). I would make a return visit to Secret Six Tavern if I ever found myself back in amazing Harpers Ferry.