“continue to lynchburg” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Appomattox
Altoona
“continue to lynchburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

wanted a room overnight so we dont have to go back to richmond and 90 min drive.booked this place when in ruther glen, va the night before so we have a place after touring the courthouse compound. got there at 4 pm, checked into our room at the front desk,only to find out it was still being cleaned. the woman at the front desk should have known it wasnt cleaned yet and given us one that was cleaned. killed time at the food lion that was behind the hotel. there is only a strip mall to the left of the hotel with a few stores and wendys. there is a road in the parking lot which connects to the walmart behind the strip mall. there is no other places to eat around the hotel. when we checked out the next day, we saw the woman at the front desk going up to check our room that we stayed in.

Room Tip: continue past this hotel and drive 20 min more to lynchburg for more variety of places to stay and e...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Concord, va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Very pleasant stay. Rooms clean, staff friendly & helpful. Small breakfast, but satisfying. Would recommend

Room Tip: The motel offered a pleasant night's stay. Rooms very clean, staff helpful & friendly. Would...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Paradise, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times before and was very satisfied but this will be the last time we stay there. Prevously the King non-smoking rooms we stayed in had recliners which helps my husband sleep due to breathing issues. This time the room had a regualr chair and I asked if we could switch to one with a recliner to help my husband. They did so grudgingly and when my husband went to try it out, the left arm all but fell off and the foot rest was also loose. I went back down to the desk and was informed very rudely by the manager on duty that this would be the last time we would be allowed to change rooms so we better check it thoroughly. I thought we had until later I looked behind the shower curtain and found that the bottom of the tub was cracked with chunks of pieces missing and others loose & lifted up. (I took pictures.) We showered at our daughter's home as we were afraid we would might cut our feet. At the least I wouldn't know how to clean a tub like that. I was afraid to say anything at the desk since he was so rude before - thought they might kick us out! The next time we visit the area we will try a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MeeMeeof3

Travellers are raving about these Appomattox hotels

Piqua, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed there when i was vistiting the Historic Court House there and found out there were two hotels in the town one was a budget in and this super 8. I went to the budget inn to check the price and look at one of the rooms. They dont even give you soap and shampoo so my wife definatly didn't want to stay there. We went to the super 8 and looked at one of the rooms and it was really really clean and it seemed like they were carpet cleaning the whole hotel. I loved the price and the room. Would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Madison, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

This hotel is a basic no frills place to spend one night off the beaten path. This hotel looks to be the best of two low budget hotels found in Appomatox. We were there to visit the Appomatox Court House Historical Park.

We were greeted by a mother/son combination. The mother could barely speak English. The young boy checked us in and we discovered they had only been there two weeks working at the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised of the price of $60.00.

We found the room to be clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom fixtures were worn and old. The bathtub was extremely worn and I would not have sit down in it.

After turning on the heat, these strange bugs were seen walking on the walls and the ceiling. They were brown marmorated stink bugs. I knew they weren't harmful so I killed them with a shoe. We didn't complain about the bugs. We just killed them.

The room had a refrigerator and a recliner. We survived the night and the next morning we were pleasantly surprised at the nice breakfast. It was a good value for a room and a breakfast.

Super 8 in Appomatox is just a no frills, low budget hotel where you would spend one night and get on with your journey the next day.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed here on our way home from a week at Kitty Hawk. Hubby wanted to stop at the Appomattox Civil War sites. There are not too many hotel choices at Appomattox. We were very tired from driving and sightseeing that day, and Super 8 is the first hotel we came upon, so decided this was it. The clerk was very, very friendly upon check-in. Our room was reasonably clean and it did smell clean upon entering the room. It had a nice flat screen TV, and as always anymore, we checked for bedbugs. None were seen, and the mattress and its cover were not stained and appeared to be clean. I went to get ice to make drinks for hubby and I, and noticed that one of the plastic glasses was not wrapped in plastic. We threw it away, and I went to the front desk for more glasses. The clerk gave us 4 more of which we really didn't need that many. The room had a chair, but it was not a recliner. It really was pretty comfy though. Towels were not stained, and had plenty of waterflow for the shower. They offered free Wifi, and it was pretty fast and reliable. We chose not to stay for the breakfast, but they did have bread for toast, muffins, and a couple cereals, along with juice, coffee, and milk. There were 2 drawbacks to our room. The first one is that our room faced the highway, so we had a lot of highway traffic noise. If you stay here, request a room on the back side of it. The second one is that the room did have some bugs. We call them stink bugs in the Midwest, and they were huge! If it weren't for them, this place would have been a nice place to stay. They were even seen in the hallways. It was our fault, but we should have complained about the bugs. Not sure where they were getting in at, but it appeared to be a problem throughout. I'd probably stay here again, and if the bugs were still there, I would most definitely point it out to management. In general, the place was clean, and that is what I find is most important in selecting a hotel/motel. We all have some darn, pesty bug that occasionally gets in our own homes.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice14
charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Gettysburg PA. The room was mostly clean-- I checked the sheets and blankets very well and they were spotless. The bath tub however was disgusting. It had a dirty filty mat in it that made me sick! In addition the recliner in the room was missing an arm. Add to that the fact that the bed's mattress was so bad that with each move I was poked by the springs. Never again will I stay here. Getting a good night's sleep is important to me --- if it is to you then choose to saty somewhere else -- even if you have to drive a little farther away from town!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank territrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Appomattox
Appomattox Inn & Suites
#9 of 23 in Lynchburg
Courtyard Lynchburg
Courtyard Lynchburg
#17 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Super 8 Appomattox VA? Share your experiences!