Babcock House
US$65
Appomattox Inn & Suites(Appomattox)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$87
US$85
EconoLodge
US$138
All reviewsbannockb bcivil warcrab cakesplace to staynext morninghistorical sitesyoung couplepotatoescomfortable roomshamowners and staffchef charleswonderful staywonderful breakfasteach morningrestaurant that serves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I cannot....stop thinking....about the food here. It was so, so delicious. We already felt welcomed and cozy in the beautifully decorated house, and our room was spacious and elegant. We were immediately offered use of the shared fridge upon arrival, and encouraged to help ourselves to any soda that might be in there, which hit the spot after a long day of driving as we unwound before dinner.

Dinner was spectacular -- delicious creamy soup, fresh salad with a unique and tasty dressing, and wonderful entrees. I had the salmon, my husband had the filet, and we were just delighted. The next morning, we had the crab omelette (myself a bit tentatively, I will say) and I will tell you this now, I will crave that omelette for the rest of my life, it was SO delicious.

In fact now I'm craving it again...mmm...anyway, back to the review...it was a cozy, warm, inviting stay. We could not have been more happy with our choice of B&B, and thank you to all the TripAdvisor reviewers as well, we used your advice to stay here and now hope to pass on our own! I highly recommend this lovely B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Babcock House B&B was a wonderful place to stay for our visit to Appomattox Court House National Monument and the Confederate Museum. The accommodations were excellent, as good as any B&Bs at which we've stayed in resort areas, and better than many. The evening meal at the restaurant was very good and the breakfast was also. The owner was was very helpful, accomodating, and quite enjoyable. We will definitely plan to stay at the Babcock when we return to the area.

One caution. If you use your GPS to find the B&B, at least a Tom Tom, it will be on the opposite side of the main highway. Look for the sign at the corner of Oakleigh and don't listen to your GPS.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were feeling a little down after checking into a Super 8 in Appomattox.....about the only thing available there for motels and not seeing any restaurants that looked exciting.It was a typical Super 8 about what you would expect from this chain. But then we happened to notice an ad for the Babcock House Bed and Breakast that was offering dinner reservations. So we grabbed it and were we pleased. We had dinner at the House in the same room as 3 other couples who were staying there. But the service and food was outstanding. It made out evening in town. We enjoyed conversing with the other 3 couples but we were especially pleased with the food. My wife had duck (her favorite) which she said was the best duck she ever had. I had salmon which was also delicious. My total bill including wine, tax, and tip was $74.02, a really good deal for such an incredible meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We actually stayed at Longacre B&B but we had dinner at Babcock House. After asking around for good places to eat, we quickly found out that this really is the only place in town for fine dinning. The owner is awesome to talk to! We had some witty banter back and forth. She is from upstate New York though so watch out! The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. If you are traveling through or staying in or around Appomattox it is worth the trip. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Charming hosts, great breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, quiet and a perfect location. We've stayed at b & b's all over Virginia and they just don't get any better than The Babcock House. When you book your room don't forget to make a dinner reservation. Wonderful dinner in a beautiful dining room.
The Inn is only several miles from The Museum of the Confederacy and Appomattox Court House.
A special shout-out to Sheila's (our host) husband. Well done chef!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple