“Slept fully clothed!”

Budget Inn Appomattox
Budget Inn Appomattox
Ranked #4 of 4 Appomattox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in a dirtier place in my life. The pictures are only a birds eye view. I would like to know where the picture for this motel came from. I refused to go to bed without being fully clothed. The furniture looks like it came from the garbage. Huge iron burn on carpet. No hair dryer or coffee available. Cost me $60 to stay here which was $60 too much. I asked if the rooms were clean and he assured me they were. As you can see from the pictures it was anything but. It is a shame that this is such a historic community yet lack a suitable lodging facility. I warn anyone thinking about staying here to drive the extra distance to a decent place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank 17twilson
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for one night after visiting the local Civil War sites. The motel is nicely situated only a few minutes from the National Historical Park and the Museum of the Confederacy. The gentleman at the front desk was polite and helpful. Overall, this Budget Inn has a tired, run down look. I presume that this establishment operates on a very tight budget. My room was clean and fully functional, though in desperate need of updating, as the furniture was quite worn and marred. While the sheets were clean, the mattress was too soft for my liking, and I did not get a great sleep. TV, WiFi, heat, fridge, and microwave all worked OK. The surprisingly spacious shower had surprisingly strong water pressure. Bring shampoo, since none is provided. I paid $55 for the night, and the experience is about what you'd expect for that price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank VMstereo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We actually stayed here November of 2010.

I chose this motel to be close to town and hopefully save some money. I think this place used to be the Traveler Motel. It looked like it was built around 1960. This is a thoroughly average place. There is not much vintage charm to the rooms, which while reasonably clean, are rather drab. The rate was not that good for this sort of place. I think we paid $65, on a night when there were two other cars. Our bed had clean sheets, but the mattress was old. The bathroom was clean and functional. It is only a minute or so by car from downtown, and the heat worked well on a chilly night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple