“Don't waste your time”

El Cazador Mexican Restaurante & Grill
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Appomattox
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bottom line, Taco Bell does mexican fare better. We avoid this place like the plague. Food is greasy with no flavor.

There are newer reviews for El Cazador Mexican Restaurante & Grill

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food was average but the service was a big TURN OFF!! I have to say they were busy but at one point we had waiters standing beside our table and still couldn't get them to bring us any water or napkins. It was like we weren't even sitting there when we wanted something. The tables are too close together so there was always someone bumping into my seat as well. I will go back to my regular Mexican restaurant instead from now on.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The only thing that I can say that is good about El Cazador Mexican Grill is their salsa. We ordered the dinner for two which included two tacos, a chili relleno, a tamale a chalupa and a burrito. The tamale was terrible, the masa was tasteless the filling was horrible. We couldn't tell which one was the burrito. The chili relleno just was. It also came with Spanish rice and beans.
Of the whole meal the only upside were the chips and salsa. They have a very good salsa.
Would we go back again, Ha! Mall food historically has been bad food and I was hoping to break the trend, but alas we can't do it.
The only reason I would go back is for the chips and salsa.
We paid $17.40 + a $3.00 tip. We couldn't fault the service. We like food and good food we praise but this was the poorest in awhile.
Recommendation, go somewhere else.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We just moved here and r very happy with our New Mexican restaurant! The owner met us at the door w a welcoming smile, the food was hot,large portions ,and very good. Not to mention a nice large glass of Merlot is only 3.75!.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a new mexican restaurant with a large variety of mexican dishes to choose from. The chips and salsa are great also. One of my favorites on the menu are the chicken nachos.