“Very nice property, at least in the renovated rooms.”

Hotel Moab Downtown
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Wa. State
“Very nice property, at least in the renovated rooms.”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute due to a change in plans. Everything in Moab was booked except the Ramada due to the Memorial Day weekend and the filming of a Johnny Depp movie the week leading up to Memorial day. For some strange reason, the Ramada was listed on the Expedia type websites at $319/night, which is probably why it still had vacancy. I called them directly and they booked a room for us for $121/night in the unrenovated section. When I called the day of our stay to confirm our reservation we were given a complimentary upgrade to a renovated room.

The room was quite nice, they did a good job on the renovation. Our room looked out on the little stream and walking path that winds through Moab. We were in the back of the hotel so it was very quiet. The employees were courteous.

The only nits I pick is 1.) the WiFi was very weak so I had to go to the lobby to use my computer (not a big deal) and 2.) they did not serve a complimentary breakfast. Instead of a complimentary breakfast they gave you a coupon each day for $5.00 off of breakfast at the sit down restaurant next door. We tried to use the coupon one day and the place was full. Fortunately, McD is just down the street, so again, not a big deal.

Room Tip: I didn't see an unrenovated room, but it probably is a good idea to ask for one.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for Memorial weekend and as I planned our trip I found Ramada, which looked nice and was one of the last places still available. I hopped online to check available rooms and saw a reasonable rate of around $150 a night. As I always do, I called to see if that was best rate, as we are military, and if that was best room etc. The assistant mgr looked through and found us a deluxe room and told me the total rate would be $271. I agreed and gave her our cc to secure room. As we checked in, my husband was thanked for his service and we were given an even better rate of $244! WOW, we thought, how nice. As we were driving home, I realized they'd charged us $611 to not one but two cards. Long story short....this great rate Id discussed with them initially and the rate that was posted on our paperwork during check in was only one night. We feel we were scammed...no one ever discussed the total or the fact that that was not the total price and it was only one night. They never gave us anything stating total price..no receipt upon check out. DONT STAY HERE...THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS AND PLAY THEM FOR FOOLS!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Megrock
RamadaMoab, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Megrock, We take all guests feedback very seriously. Our rates are always disclosed at check-in. Guests are asked to initial the quoted and agreed rates on registration card. Any guest who checks out at front desk and asks for a copy of their receipt is given one. We are confused by your claims. Please contact the hotel immediately and ask for the office manager if you have any issues on your bill as all charges are always quoted and agreed to by guests prior to check-in. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Kent, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful in making our 3 day stay in Moab, taking in the sites. The room was clean and convenient with refrigerator and microwave. We loved the beds and pillows especially. The hot tub and pool area is wonderful and enjoyed the surrounding climbing roses for privacy. We enjoyed the town of Moab very much.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 2nd floor room, but would be nice on the ground floor as well. It was quiet and comf...
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I booked two nights at the Ramada Inn, Downtown Moab, so we could visit Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. When we checked-in the receptionist was very helpful. Our room was large, updated, clean, with all of the necessary amenities. Since the weathers was rather hot, I took a swim in the motel pool. It was centrally located within the motel complex, and I must say the swim hit the spot. There was a pancake restaurant on the premises (The menu was not limited to pancakes, it also had a variety of eggs and cereals), and in lieu of a continental breakfast, we received a voucher worth $5.00 at the restaurant. Both my wife and I enjoyed the breakfast very much. Unlike the typical motel continental breakfasts, we could order exactly what we enjoyed the most. I will definitely stay at this Ramada Inn again.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room which was near the parking space. We did not have to carry bags a long dist...
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great motel in Moab! The rooms were very clean - my husband and I own a property management business and I am very particular! The room was nicely decorated and updated with very comfortable bedding. The large flatscreen, Keurig coffee maker, microwave and fridge were nice to have. The bathroom was complete updated and the seperate vanity area had tons of space! This was a "girls trip", so bathroom space is aways a plus! This motel is very convenient to shops and restaurants - you can walk to everything downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We just stayed 3 nights at the Ramada Moab. The Motel (it's not a hotel!) rooms are nice and look newly renovated. They are spacious and the bathroom has a window - which is absolutely a plus. The large flatscreen TV provides nearly 100 different TV channels and the showe is nice and with two showerheads really convenient. Also very convenient is the large fridge and the microwave in every room.

The only really negative thing we noticed was the staff working at Ra mada. The rooms were not cleaned until 3pm and only after reminding the staff. Also we had an extra bed for our daug hter which they refused to make. There is no washing machine and washing is not allowed. The icemakers are not working and the pool is dirty. Cleaning staff obviously searched through our stuff because we found things at different locations than we left.

So would be a nice hotel with different staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
RamadaMoab, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our housekeeping department. Though, we are surprised to hear about your comments on our housekeeping department, we will investigate and pay attention to your raised concerns. We look forward to your return to Moab and to our hotel. Thanks again.
Fountain Green, Utah
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Ramada Downtown must have been recently renovated because our room was gorgeous! It was spacious, clean and very modern. The bathroom had something I have never seen before...counterspace! And lots of it! The hotel is within walking distance of everything downtown. Shortly after arriving, I managed to lock myself out but was immediately given another keycard to get in with absolutely no fuss. The staff was friendly and poilte.
The pool at night was very cold but had a very cool springtime thing going on...rose petals everywhere! If it had been just me and my husband, I would have considered this romantic. This was a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4005...it was big and spacious and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family