“Weekday getaway”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Moab
TRENTON
“Weekday getaway”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Good place to stay . Breakfest was weak, not to much selection. Arrived early and they would not check me in untill after 3:00 pm. Plenty of parking space if youy are towing a trailor.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
SANTA FE
Reviewed 5 October 2012

For a Super 8 I wasn't expecting much. But this turned out to be pretty great for the money. We had a great room with laminate wood floors (which I prefer to carpet because it seems so much cleaner), new sink area, flat screen tv, etc. The tub and toilet weren't new but functioned fine. The breakfast wasn't great, but seemed standard. It was the cheapest hotel in the area with our AAA discount.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

MYRTLE BEACH
Reviewed 5 October 2012

good value, no internet in room, staff friendly, good location. We would stay here again if in town. Large crowd in breakfast area at 5.30am awoke us .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Got in late and Arches campground was full, so I found the Super 8. The service wasn't equal to the rate, which was a bit of a premium for the brand and location. I won't stay here again but I found it to be acceptable, nothing more.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our Super 8 guest rooms have been regarded as highly upgraded than most Super 8's with higher end finishes and designs. Our rates are in line with area hotels within our category. Of course, we cannot compete with camp grounds. We are sorry you were not planning to stay at a hotel, so possibly, you didn't research the area hotel prices to realizes we offer a very good value for Moab. Thank you.
Denver, CO
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I arrived to Super 8 in Moab at 4AM with my daughter on vacation due to a delayed departure from the Grand Canyon.
I reserved the room the day before via the super 8 web site.
Upon arrival I was greeted by an older gentleman that quickly gave me my room.
I asked for a late checkout and he informed me that I could have until 12PM.
We went to the room, added the do not disturb sign to the outside of the door and went to sleep.
At 9AM bright and early we were awakened by the loud knocking of housekeeping, at which time I got up from my slumber to go tend to the door, at which time I reminded the clerk of my 12PM checkout.
I tried to recover some more sleep until my 12:00PM checkout.
At 10:45, there was another knock on the door at which time I again went to the door, and indicated to the housekeeping rep that we were not ready. The do not disturb sign had fallen to the floor.
at 11:15, I was again aroused by housekeeping, this time by some lady who had a clipboard who knocked once, and then started entering the room.

I know that hotels need to cycle their properties to make money, and that being in the Moab market in the early fall is a perfect time to be cycling rooms quickly, but I will not be staying at super 8 again. The last time something similar to this happened to me it was a motel 6 in Utah. However the big difference was that the front desk person and the staff were absolute super stars. Not only did the front desk clerk offer no excuse for the poor service, immediately apologizing, she immediately discounted the room, assured me I wouldn't be awoken again, and when I left there was a handwritten sign taped securely on the door that said not to bother me until after my 1PM checkout. They did not awaken me again after the first time.

I log 15 weeks on the road for work, and usually stay at holiday inn express, and have never had this problem there. This Super 8 obviously cares more about cycling their rooms rather than giving the customers the value they paid for. I called the front desk to complain after the third arousal, and there was some compassion for the situation, and an expression of concern. They did inform that the housekeeping staff is not supposed to knock on the door when the sign is out there.

At 12:00PM I approached the front desk to make sure they got me checking out. They pushed a discount on the room, however I told them that it would not make up for the experience. The front desk clerk again blamed housekeeping and the night clerk for not leaving a note about my late check in or request for late check out. After a very excited and passionate exchange regarding their promises of service to me, the front desk staff informed me to never come back.

I think that's the only thing I really will take away from this experience. Too bad super 8. It was almost good.

Room Tip: Don't plan on staying awak past 9PM!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that our housekeepers had disturbed you. We have investigated into the matter and found out that sometimes guest would still have the do not disturb sign on door after check out, which is why it can be confusing to the housekeepers. However, our front desk should have communicated to housekeeping with your request. We are sorry about your experience and will do better at communicating between departments. Thanks.

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Have never stayed at a Super 8 so I was pleasantly surprised. The room and furnishings were more than I had expected. I felt like I was in a more expensive motel. Ample drawers and counter space that were easily accessible was a big plus especially since I was sharing with another lady in our group. After all this was a Super 8 so the continental breakfast offered was on the low end consisting of OJ, coffee, cold cereal, English muffins or toast. Other than the slim breakfast this is a nice property. For eager eaters, it's a short walk to Denny's.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Nootdorp
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights to visit Arches and Canyonlands NP. Location is very good on the north side of town directly along the road to the parks.
Room was quite small but not too much of a problem.
Breakfast was really bad. There is way too little space for everyone to sit and the quality and choice of food is very limited. They just put some bread (still in the bag) on the table which you can toast. There is almost nothing to put on your bread, only butter and jelly. Cereal options are limited as well. They had al these certificates of exellency hanging on the wall, but they were all from like 10 years ago. I can understand why.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast selections. We are an economy national hotel chain. Our rates are also lower than other hotels in the area to offer better sleeping value. We provide a basic continental breakfast, otherwise, we would need to raise our rates. We chose to keep our rates at a good value to our guests. For those who woudl like a hearty breakfast, there is a Denny's restaurant within 5 minute walk from hotel. Thank you.