“Would not stay here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Moab

Super 8 Moab
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Draper, Utah
“Would not stay here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Would not stay at this property ever again. Spent 4 nights here and was very disappointed and was lied to by the staff after accidentally leaving a personal article of mine the room. When I returned home, I called the hotel directly and the first person that I talked to said they would look for it if it was turned in by a member of the cleaning staff. After a day or two, I called back again and this person said that they had found my missing item. They asked if I wanted it mailed to me and I told them if they would please hold it in the office area for me and not mail it because I would driving through town in two weeks on my way to Colorado to see my sister and I would personally just pick it up at that time. The man said, .."fine"... but when I arrived, the rude lady at the desk thought I was nuts for asking and they had nothing for me and that the man that I had talked to before was fired from his job a day or two earlier. What a waste of time. Needless to say, I did not get my item back (approx. value $40). The complimentary continental breakfast was stale and tasteless. It was a crowded space next to the office area and persons ended up eating in the hallways and on chairs near the entrance and just going back to their own rooms because it was poorly organized. Felt like crammed sheep in a pen with no where to go. We ended up not eating the complimentary continental breakfast and we went to the Denny's near by for some peace and quiet to eat breakfast at. Loved our time visiting everything close by Moab, Utah, (Arches, Dead Horse Point, Canyonlands, 4X4 drive, etc.) but disliked the Super 8 experience. I will go back to Moab again, but I will never stay at the Super 8 again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for your comments. However, we do not show any record on a guest experienced the problem you described at our hotel. We do not have any male desk clerks working for us during the time frame you described. We take all lost and found seriously and have a streamed line procedure to help desk reunite with their lost articles whenever we can. We hope you have found your lost item, but we believe you have mistaken our hotel for another one in Moab.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

We had a great stay at the Super 8 in Moab! We were lucky to get the triple room with 3 beds (I wish all hotels offered this option.) The room appeared to be recently remodeled with wood laminate flooring and a flat screen TV. We checked out a few minutes late but the staff was very accommodating. The only downside I found is that the breakfast selection was limited (but it's still a nice option to have!)

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

Wonderful reception at the desk. Loved that the staff dressed up fr Halloween made it extra fun. Rooms are clean and well kept up. Overall was impressed with everything. great place to stay for the dollar. Front desk very helpful with where to dine and weather conditions and attractions.

Room Tip: I like rooms in the corners because noise level is decreased