“You Can't Spell Moab Mountain Biking Without Magpie (you can, but you know what I mean)”
Review of Magpie Cycling

Magpie Cycling
Ranked #27 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Outstanding Mountain Biking Trips in Moab, Canyonlands National Park, Kokopelli Trail, the Grand Canyon North Rim, and between Bryce & Zion National Parks. We offer Multi-Day Mountain Biking/Camping Trips, Inn Style MTB Vacations, Private Guided Rides, and Mountain Biking Instruction. We have itineraries for all levels of ability and experience; from total novice to seasoned adventurers with excellent fitness. You'll be inspired and rewarded on a trip with Magpie Cycling!!!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I just came back from a 3-day tour to Lockhart Basin, and am extremely impressed and satisfied with my experience provided by Magpie Cycling Adventures. I have been on several trips with the Magpie outfit, and I regret that I am only now writing a positive review for them. Maggie and Mike are not only wonderful guides with extensive knowledge of the area, but have also become great friends over the years.

During my several trips with Magpie, I'm always amazed at the wide variety of skill sets this team has mastered. Have a bike question? Their staff has many excellent bike technicians. Hungry? Don't worry, each meal at the end of the day is filling and delicious. Want to know how to be a better biker? They can show you that too. The only thing they won't do is pedal your bike for you up a huge hill (I've asked several times).

I can't recommend Magpie enough. They are a wonderful, friendly and genuine group of people, and my time spent outdoors with them is always a feature of my year.

Visited May 2014

Norwalk, Connecticut
“The best Moab has to offer”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We did a three-day Lockhart Canyon trip with Magpie Adventures, and simply put Magpie is the best Moab has to offer when it comes to mountain biking in one of the most gorgeous places on earth. Magpie makes everything about a mountain biking trip as fun as possible. The guides are unbelievably nice and are always willing to help you work on any technique, whether you are a beginner just starting out or more advance and are looking to sharpen up your skills. Indeed, Magpie is the only cycling outfitter in Moab who have all of their guides certified by the IMBA. They help you coordinate renting all of your equipment (if necessary), and do a great job supporting your ride with their custom-built trailer. Magpie's guides also make delicious meals and do their best to create a fantastic camp ambiance - there's nothing sweeter than coming off the saddle after a long day, putting down your bike, and turning around to find a camp chair set up and appetizers being made. The guides are extremely knowledgeable about local plant life and animal life, and do a really nice job of explaining the gorgeously complex geology puzzle that is Moab. My family and our close friends have been using Magpie for years and we are going to keep doing so until our legs fall off. My only regret is that TripAdvisor limits me to giving Magpie only five stars. They are beyond excellent and should be your first choice if you are looking for a tour company for biking in Moab.

Visited May 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Magpie Cycling Adventures- Moab- Awesome Guide!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We rode the Klondike Bluffs with Maggie from Magpie Cycling and loved our time out!! Since we're bikers ourselves, we were at first skeptical about paying for a guide and having it really be worth the investment. Happily, we loved the experience which included spot-on instruction, insider trail knowledge and transportation. We easily and confidently recommend Magpie Cycling Adventures! Happy trails, riders!!

Visited February 2014
Maggie_MCA, Owner at Magpie Cycling, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thanks Meaghan & Bob for your kind words! I had a GREAT time riding with you two and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! All-in-all, a SUPER start to my field-work season. :)
You both are quick studies - keep practicing. I look forward to riding with you again soon!!!
Peace, Love & Happiness,
Magpie
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the highlight of an unbelievable trip to Moab”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We biked with Clark Mickel for two days on the Rim & Klondike Trails. Magpie was recommended to us by Poison Spider Bicycles in Moab and the moment we connected via email, it was a breeze. My friend and I hadn't biked for several years and were unfamiliar with the area, so thought a professional guide was the way to go, and we were absolutely correct.

Not only did Clark patiently teach us many new mountain biking techniques, he also took the time to impart a great deal of knowledge about Moab, the geology and topography of the surrounding area, and environmental concerns that affect the region. He chose trails that were challenging yet appropriate for our skill level and made us feel comfortable the entire time. Most importantly, he helped us have an AWESOME time and gave us recommendations about how to fill the rest of our time in Moab. We had really high expectations for our 2-days of mountain biking, and Magpie and Clark EXCEEDED them.

I highly recommend Clark and Magpie Cycling Adventures. For an out of towner and intermediate mountain biker, it is 100% worth biking with Magpie.

Mountain biking with Magpie was the highlight of an incredible trip to Moab.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Russell K
Kirkland, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Guide, Great Day!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Moab before and hadn't ridden mountain bikes for many years (e.g., before full suspension bikes existed) so we booked a day with Magpie to help us get familiarized with the bikes and the area. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Maggie was great on the phone setting everything up and Mike was a great guide. He met us in the morning and helped get our pedals on and our bikes and our pedals on. He took us to a trail area with a variety of terrain so he could find the appropriate balance of fun and challenge for us. He gave us some great technique tips and when we took breaks we shared some good laughs and enjoyed the wealth of information he had about the natural setting. He was super personable and gave us great tips on other nearby areas we'd enjoy cycling during our visit and for restaurants in Moab. Thanks Mike and Maggie!

Visited May 2013

Been to Magpie Cycling? Share your experiences!