“Hot tub with a view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
The Mayor's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 15 Moab B&B and Inns
Kent, Washington
“Hot tub with a view”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

At the end of a day of hiking at Arches National Park, the hot tub was just what we needed! Our room was clean, comfortable, and attractively set up. The breakfasts were very good and very generous in size. We had access to ice and a small refrigerator to store food stuffs. Only complaint was that whoever was staying above us was very heavy-footed walking around in the night and earlier than we had meant to awake in the morning. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that... other than maybe avoid the Indian Room is there are stompers also boarding when you are!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Minor's room. It's quite small but clean room with the decent size bathroom. The website clearly states this is the smallest room in the house, so they are fair about this. I read in some reviews that guest couldn't lock the rooms, even those not in the basement, but we didn't have such problem and were provided the keys.

The place is run by 2 men and one, I believe his name is Cary, is really nice and welcoming and he cooks really great and delicious breakfasts! The second host, David, seems to be always unhappy that he has guest in his house;) They require you to check-in before 6 but we were running late and called them right away once we had reception, David really tried to show how unhappy about it he was.

On the second night I told David that we would be leaving earlier and there was need to cook breakfast for us, but plans had changed and next morning I asked if it was still possible to have breakfast. David said no. But Cary didn't have problems with it and said he still could make while David kept asking if he was sure. It was a little bit awkward. I understand this is the family-run small B&B and not a chain hotel but I don't see why a couple extra omelettes should be a problem, we already paid for them anyway.

We didn't use the pool so cannot tell anything about it but it looked nice. The common area of the house are actually very nice decorated and spacious. They also have pretty big parking lot behind the house so there is no need to park the car in the street.

Moab lodging and hotels are way too overpriced due to the proximity to the Canyonlands and Arches, especially in the peak season, so, overall, this B&B offers good value

3 Thank o_bessy
Vero Beach FL
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent six nights at Mayor's House and could not have been more delighted. Our hosts were warm and friendly and certainly had many recommendations for us. Cary is a Moab native whose great great Grandfather was one of the founders of the town. He and David's advice about the parks, drives, and hikes were all spot on. They have been everywhere in the district so can provide first hand information. The breakfast was delicious and varied every day. The dining room is large and spacious and we enjoyed chatting with guests from England, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, and from all over the US.

We had the Kiva Room which had just been converted to a more conventional lay out - although it had a sitting room, tv lounge, bedroom with two queen beds, and a full bath with double shower.

There is a lovely heated swimming pool in the back and a hot tub that other guests reported as really enjoying. It's an easy walk in to town, but just as easy to nip down in the car as parking is not a problem.

Luckily we saw the National Parks and Monuments we had wanted to see before they were closed - on our last day - although the hosts recommended a 4x4 drive to Gemini Arches (not in a park) and a visit to Dead Horse State Park - great panoramas better than Canyonlands Island in the Sky. Would highly recommend Canyonlands National Park - Needles - it's 34 miles south of town and 30 miles in to the park entrance. Not an attractive drive for the first 15 miles as you are on the top of a mesa, but it turns into one of the most spectacular drives I have ever driven - overwhelming would be a suitable description - and once inside the park, amazing. Newspaper rock on the drive in provides a wide variety of petroglyphs - well worth the stop.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fish-T
Erie Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Spent a week at this Moabian "oasis" while my husband was elk hunting. Spent my days on the lovely back deck catching up on my reading, and enjoyed my "happy hour" sitting there too!! Enjoyed sitting by the pool, too.......unfortunately I forgot to bring a swimsuit so wasn't able to enjoy the water. Breakfasts were fabulous....enough food that I didn't have to eat lunch. Dave's fossil and rock collection are awesome!! The B&B is spotless (wish I could say that about my home) and well-maintained. Both Dave & Kerry (not sure of the spelling) were extremely interesting to talk with and quite knowledgeable about the area. Couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a week for a bit of R&R!!

Room Tip: If you want lots of space to spreadout and a spacious shower, book the Kiva Room (formerly the Bunk...
2 Thank timsgonzo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Mayor's House seems to have everything: location, beauty, amenities, comfort, cleanliness. But during our two nights there, we found it to be mechanical and sterile, without life and warmth. We asked for something cold to drink when we arrived, but "nothing was available." We asked about after-dinner coffee and were told that would not be possible because their pot made 8 cups. When we went to breakfast we were told exactly where to sit. There were no smiles, no greetings. Thankfully we were able to enjoy a happy conversation with the other guests, with whom we had some connection through residences. There is nothing really wrong here, but it just felt so cold.

4 Thank Shirley D
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This B&B was just right for my husband and I as we explored Arches and Canyonlands for 4 days. I searched forever to find a place that had a pool & hot tub; was located within walking distance of the downtown strip but in a quiet area and had a good breakfast - oh, as was also reasonably priced. Mayor's delivered 5 stars on all of these points.

The pool and hot tub are very well-maintained - a little oasis after long, hot days of hiking. We had the pool to ourselves every time we used it too.

The breakfasts - well, all I can do is rave like the other guests. Not only were they superb, but they provided great fuel for the day.

Not only was Mayor's easy walking distance to downtown, but also to Milt's - a delicious greasy spoon (highly recommended for your burger & fry dinner night).

David and Carey were excellent hosts, and always ready with great advice, but only when asked. The room was immaculately clean.

Just a note on the B&B experience - this is not your kitschy, over-done Victorian. I know some people have certain pre-determined expectations when it comes to the aesthetics of a B&B. If you are looking for a "charming" experience, this might not be the B&B for you.

I did struggle a bit between 4 and 5 stars for one reason - I have to agree with other guests who have noted the absence of natural light in the lower bedrooms. I have always had trouble sleeping when there is no natural light (in basements, on ships). I just couldn't get a good night's rest on the lower floor. But I ascribe this problem to myself and not the B&B. Still, my advice would be to book on the upper level, if possible.

1 Thank T. Maria
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I just returned from Utah, where we spent 6 nights at the Mayor's House in Moab. Our room (The Indian Room) was roomy, clean, and comfortable. We had fresh towels and trash removal daily. David and Cary were great hosts and gave us excellent information about the area, and the breakfasts were outstanding! The heated pool is a nice touch. The property is lovely. I highly recommend the Mayor's House to anyone staying in Moab, Utah.

2 Thank BJL-40