“Really?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Adobe Abode Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 15 Moab B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our stay here was so strange, I felt compelled to write a review. First, the room they touted as a suite was really a double (and tight for 4 people). In the morning they reused the coffee brewed the day (or many days) before). Also in the morning, we watched the staff shake out the napkins and replace them at the place setting. Really?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank sedaliarenata

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Upon retuning to our room at Adobe Abode (last week of June 2013) we found our used wet towels from the shower and wrapped trash placed inside our unsecured luggage. That made the second day of our stay uncomfortable. STRANGE BUT TRUE.
There was no response from Adobe Abode after I wrote inquiring about this incident.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
17  Thank fdaniel230
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I chose this B&B for our group based on the recommendations. Not quite what we expected. The rooms were a little worn; electrical fixtures not covering holes, stains in bathtubs, etc. The main area was nice and welcoming. We were greeted by Samantha - super helpful. Breakfast was good - Sean is a good chef. Never met Keith or Lori. Kind of strange not to meet the owners. The place had an empty feeling, even though we were assured they were filled.

I believe the price was on the higher end given the facilities, I would not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank AmosMerritt
Reviewed 25 May 2013

An unplanned cross country trip had me scrambling for rooms in places where I wanted to see some of the great sights in the USA. Moab, UT was high on the list, but unfortunately my stop there was dangerously close to Memorial Day weekend. The national chains were booked, and many of the local places were booked. With the help of other TripAdvisors I gave these folks a call. I was happy that they had one room left, so I booked it. Little did I know how great this place really was!

Upon arrival we were greated by Judy who I dealt with on the phone. She gave us the basics and showed us our room. We stayed in the Cantina East room which was above the garage, and I don't think it was listed on the website. Huge room with two queen beds. Lots of fluffy towels, table and chairs and counter space. The refrigerator was stocked with red and white wine with beer available (and more wine if you drink all in your room) in the big refrigerator in the main building. As a guest you have access to the main building any time you want. We had a real nice balcony out back of our room and one out front as well. Rooms were quiet and cozy.

This place is really unique. Keith, the owner is a metal worker and artist. Many of his works are on display, and the rooms show evidence of his work. The place is like a museum or a curio shop. Lots to explore and look at.

Sean, the chef at breakfast is really great! The two breakfasts that we had there were wonderful and plentiful. He is a local as well and was helpful with other things we wanted to do while visiting Moab.

Okay down to the nitty grity. You can stay at places that are cheaper, but this place is off the beaten path ... no road noise. The staff are extremely helpful but low keyed. They are not in your face, but will answer any questions that you have. I guess the decision that you have to make is if you want a place to crash or a place that you will love and want to come back to.

Trust me, if I am within reasonable driving distance of this place I will come back again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

B&B's and hotels in Moab are expensive, but remember, this is essentially a resort/ specialty town due to the proximity to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and all the outdoor activities in the area. That said, Adobe Abode is a little bit more reasonable compared to the other B&B's in town.

We stayed in the Barbed Wire room and loved it. The bathroom was very large and the room a good size. Everything in the house was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was great and had nice views of the red rocks and stars at night. Breakfast was really a treat with a variety of cereals, juices, and a hot entree as well. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, giving great restaurant recommendations. Complimentary beer and wine was a nice touch.

The location is not really within walking distance of the main town area, but only a short couple minute drive brings you to the main street. I actually thought that this was a plus because it was very quiet at night and the stars were more visible.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The place is quiet and the views are nice. The place is a little over the top on the southwestern theme decor, but you can tell the house was a labor of love for the owners.
The breakfast quality and taste was good, but I noticed the napkins and place mats had not been changed from the previous breakfast. That bothered me. I also noticed some mystery spots on the bedspread that gave me cause to pause. We had minimal maid service during our three day stay when it would have been nice to have a little bit more service.
The price was quite high, but I did think having a refrigerator stocked with water and adult beverage was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank DDLee10
Reviewed 17 April 2013

1st the good: wonderful rooms, tacky but nice common area, hot tub, good to very good breakfast, wine and beer complimentary

Now the weird - the owner. We had group in common area conversing quietly and on family (personal) topics, and owner came in, turned all lights on their highest setting, hijacked conversation and began pontificating about his politics, weather in OTHER states, until group disbanded and left!

Next morning he was in loud conversation about firing a local worker, local gossip (NOT complimentary gossip either).

Some people like socializing w proprietor, and seek out B&B for that reason. Just be prepared to listen to a bit of blow hard opinions and not have any privacy

Made a good place to stay marginal at best.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs and AWAY from owner