“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
Review of The Gonzo Inn

The Gonzo Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Moab
New Hartford, New York
“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was only able to stay for one night. But The Gonzo Inn would be a great place to use as home base to explore the area, as there is much to do.
I had no idea I would enjoy it so much. The decor in our room was unique and artful. The eclectic, funky atmosphere is warm and inviting. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The amenities are abundant from a great breakfast, a convenient kitchenette, private patios to relax on, a pool and hot tub, and laundry.
I highly recommend this Inn and would love to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the honzo Inn in Moab, Utah last night. Our room was a king suite, and it was a fantastic room! It consisted of a sitting room, small kitchenette, and a lovely large bedroom with a private deck. Everything about this suite was inviting! Great decor, wonderful comfy bed, with a super heap of pillows. The location is great, just a half block from Main Street, and close to many great restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone - we will certainly stay here when we are in Moab again!

Room Tip: Room 206 was super - it has a wonderful deck to enjoy! Great room!
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Several things appealed to me about this hotel (stayed 3 nights): It is not a cookie-cutter hotel - had some character and personality, we had a balcony, and it walking distance to downtown (one block to main shops) without hardly any noise from the town itself. I also thought it unique that you can opt out of daily housekeeping and get a $5 per day credit for the gift shop or free specialty coffees at breakfast. The breakfast area was never swarming with people, which I liked, and there was a nice outdoor seating area. I thought the breakfast was decent and liked the great coffee and tazo teas. The staff member tending to breakfast was soooo helpful and kind - really on the spot making sure things were going smoothly. There was always a place to park in the lot. We made good use of the hot tub in the evenings after our days of hiking in the parks nearby. I thought the price was fair for our accommodations. My only complaint is that the walls are kind of thin and have adjoining doors which are not soundproof. I am a light sleeper and had to wear ear plugs for this reason since our neighbors had young children who screamed and cried. Rooms have fridge and microwave, table and 2 chairs, unique art and furniture. Ask for a room opposite the parking lot if you have a choice - the hotel backs up to a stream and quiet neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the parking lot if you have a choice - the hotel backs up to a stream and qu...
1 Thank Nerzie
lafayette,in
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Room was clean, that's about the most you say. Indoor outdoor carpet, little bitty bathroom no view. With a no bikes in room policy that pretty well somes it up. If you are over 25 it will not appeal to you.

1 Thank porscheLafayette_in
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was very nice, perfectly clean and had many nice special features. The staff goes above and beyond and is very friendly. The place has a nice pool, offers a decent free breakfast and is near the center of Moab so its easy to walk to shops and restaurants. Room had a fridge, microwave coffee maker and two tvs. The bed was very nice! The price was great for the level of excellence! Rob

Room Tip: We had room 205 which is a one bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the pool, facing west...
1 Thank RobDargel
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

While on our epic road trip through the U.S, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Gonzo Inn on our one night stay in Moab. The staff were very friendly from the minute we checked in until we checked out the next day. The hotel is located right in town so you could just walk around and discover all the little souvenir and art stores in town.

We stayed in a king bed suite which was facing the pool. I am a stickler for room cleanliness and thankfully the room was very clean. The bed was pretty comfortable so we both had a good night sleep. We had breakfast the next morning at the Gonzo Inn and while it wasn't a 5 star meal we didn't need anything fancy.

I understand the Gonzo Inn might not be a place for everyone as its not your typical looking hotel, but I think that's what is so great about this place. The property is very well kept and the rooms are all a bit unique which is a nice change. We stayed during peak season so the room wasn't cheap but we did book it last minute so I can't complain too much.

I would definitely recommend staying at the Gonzo Inn if you want a comfortable and clean place to stay while in Moab.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dash0911
MA
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Gonzo Inn was awesome. Only 2 miles from the entrance to the Arches National Park and about 30 miles from Canyonlands. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Nice pool and jacuzzi. It was quiet as well. Free Wi-Fi and nice flat screen TV's in the rooms. The Gonzo Inn is within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. Overall a great experience - I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family