“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gonzo Inn

The Gonzo Inn
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Pretty hefty title, right? Well for me, the Gonzo Inn had everything I like in a hotel and more.
Our king room was great - super comfortable bed, good pillows (one of my peeves is a bad pillow) a balcony and a door that opened onto it (another of my peeves are windows that don't open) with a view of the pool and green grass. The furnishings are funky but don't read that as "shabby" because they weren't. Our work table had a purple concrete top, we had two dressers, plenty of room to open our bags and hang clothes. The sink is outside the w/c (which I like a lot) and the shower is a walk in, large concrete stall! It was excellent with good water pressure. On top of that, they had original art on the wall! ta-da! (Nothing bums me out more than cookie-cutter prints on the wall of a hotel room...) We had laundry facilites below our room which made it easy to clean up our hot desert clothes. Breakfast was great - with multiple waffle machines, good bagels and real fruit salad - not the pre-frozen or canned mixtures that you often get. (Some folks were really raving about the biscuits and gravy but that's not my idea of breakfast!) The staff was terrific, great recommendations and helpful advice. Love, love, loved it. Tried to stay another night but they were sold out. Would definitely stay here again and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back overlooking the pool area.
2 Thank erika w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Tenafly, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

After hiking Arches, we looked forward to a clean and well air conditioned place to stay. The Gonzo Inn was pleasant and was like going back in time. A little retro, very cool. The bed was comfy, the long, concrete shower was terrific, and it was a lovely evening in Moab, Utah. Breakfast was included. It was nothing special but good enough. I enjoyed my stay.

Cleanliness
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wasn't sure what day we'd arrive in Moab but was very happy to learn there was a room available at the gonzo! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I'd go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brett H
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Well maintained in a good, central, in-town location. Not new, but everything works. Pleasant staff, good chocolate chip cookies and an adequate, included breakfast. Stayed twice, in standard and deluxe rooms, both were fine. I'd stay here again. There are many inferior options.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Gonzo Inn prior to a kayak trip on the Green River. We had a good room (220) at the back of the property looking out onto a large mowed lawn. Twice in the afternoon we had deer visit the hotel garden.

The place was quiet, provided good service and had an adequate included breakfast. The room was large and comfortable. There was an in room refrigerator and an ice machine on the first floor. There is a laundromat on site for use by guests. The staff was generally friendly. In the afternoon, the hotel,provides free fresh baked cookies in the lobby.

A couple of minor negatives. We chose not to have our room serviced. In my mind this usually means not changing the sheets or towels. In Gonzo speak, this means not refilling in room coffee supplies, toiletries, Kleenex or emptying the trash. We did ask at the front desk for another package of coffee which they gracefully provided. For not having your room serviced, the Gonzo gives you a gift card for one drink from their espresso bar. Since their were two of us in the room, I believe they should have extended this offer and provided 2 gift cards.

We enjoyed the jacuzzi and pool on the first evening. On the second night, after some hiking, I was looking forward to another soak in the jacuzzi. Unfortunately it was closed because of a maintenance issue. This was July 4th weekend, so getting parts or service over the holiday weekend was certainly understandable.

I would definitely consider the Gonzo Inn in the future when I return to Moab.

Room Tip: Upstairs with a view of the main lawn/garden
2 Thank manicsubmersion
Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 days in mid-July and would have stayed much longer if time had permitted. The staff were extremely helpful (even resetting the wifi for the whole inn just for me!) with directions and advice on local eateries. Our room on the ground floor had a lovely private grassy area outside it and the room itself was reasonably spacious, clean and slightly rustic. I would have given the inn 4.5 stars but I can't so 4 it is.

Room Tip: Ground floor at the back is quiet.
1 Thank ScootandScooter
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. We had just been camping in Grand Tetons so needed a nice place to stay after a very long drive. We booked a suite with a King bed and it was great. Loved the decor in the room. It was really well down and very clean. The bathroom was also unique. I appreciated the microwave in the room along with the cabinets and plastic utensils. The continental breakfast had a wide variety of choices including blueberry waffles which were quite good. The hotel is located right downtown near everything. When you are in Moab you need to check this place out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family