“Great Fun”

Ranked #32 of 66 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic mountain biking excursion with Ann and Pat. They led us through a challenging course and beautiful landscape. They gave us a lot of helpful tips to enhance our riding.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
in 16 reviews
in 75 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We had a fantastic morning ride at Barlett Wash on slickrock with our guide Chris.
I booked the tour with Solfun firstly beacuse we could expressly request to make a tour on slickrock, even on the afternoon right before the day of our trip. Secondly, the relative small size of the group at the time of booking (3 including the guide) was a real plus.
The equipment, especially the bikes, was top-notch and Chris was great in helping us get comfortable with the full suspension bikes. He also went on providing more "individualized" help during the tour to help everybody get up to speed, improve technique, and he tailored the experience on the basis of the skill level of the group.
Chris also took time to tell us about the environment, history and natural formations.
Overall, the level of equipment, the guide, track and surrounding scenery made for an amazing experience.
Would definitely recommend Solfun to anyone, from rookies to advanced MTBers.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We did a wonderful ride out at Kondikes in the morning when it was not so hot. Out guide, Eric, showed us the outstanding slickrock climbings and technical sections out there. The shuttle from the hotel to the trail ans back was very practical. The bikes were well prepared and even my special wishes could be realized. All in all a really good ride which I can recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family of 4 including two college-age sons spent a little less than a week in Moab doing all sorts of outdoor adventures, one of which was the Intrepid single track mountain bike trail in Dead Horse Point State Park with Solfun. I booked this tour with Solfun because of the fantastic reviews on tripadvisor, and what a great decision that was. This is the best mountain bike outfitter I have ever gone with. The guides were awesome -- ours challenged us just enough, allowing our kids to ride fast with her in the front while my husband and I took it a little slower. The trail is not super easy, but not too difficult either. It was alot of fun and the scenery was incredible. The thing that made this tour so amazing aside from the guides, the trail and the scenery was the bikes. These were the best mountain bikes we have ever been on. We called them monster truck bikes, because that's what they were like -- they could go over anything!! Once we realized that, we were able to do so much more than we thought, and without fear. It definitely pays off when you have the best equipment. This was the most fun we have ever had on a mountain bike -- I highly recommend Solfun for mountain biking in Moab!

1  Thank SoFlaMom
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our family of five had a great day with Chris, starting at Bar M and finishing with some of the Intrepid trail at Dead Horse Point. The full suspension mtn bikes were very different from the hard tails we are used to, and the slick rock makes quite a change from forest trails, but Chris was great with instructions and tips for all of us. He was respectful about all of our riding abilities and afterward he helped my husband and son pick some trails for non-guided riding on a different day. He had also taken time to learn a lot about the Moab area and helped us understand its history and environment. We enjoyed his pleasant company. Solfun provided lots of drinks (water, Vitamin Water, Sobe), a tasty and nutritious sandwich lunch, and some snacks to keep us going in the heat.