“Fantastic Two Full-Day Visit to Moab”

Solfun Mountain Biking
Ranked #42 of 65 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Alan and Pat Poertner of SolFun are simply the best. I spent two full-days with Eric - one of their guides last week. The time I spent with Eric on the trails and Allan and Pat off the trails was just fantastic!

Eric and I had a blast riding the following trails:

First day: Poison Spider Trail/ Mesa to Little Arch.
Second day: Amasa Back trail, riding all the way out to Pothole Arch.

Allan was even kind enough to lend me some clothing items that I did not have with me as I was not completely prepared for the cold temperatures of January.

Allan's wife Pat was also very nice to offer me, Eric and his family a fantastic dinner after the first day of ridding.

In summary, Allan, Pat and Eric were simply superb!

I would highly recommend SolFun to anyone considering riding in Moab.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We took a half-day ride and lesson with Phil Wichman through SolFun, based in Moab - and had a wonderful experience! Phil was able to adapt our morning ride to make it fun and challenging, though doable, for us, while also creating challenging experiences for others in our group. He opened our eyes to the area, informed us about endangered species and grounds, showed us how to bike on slickrock, up & down single track areas and more. Phil is an enjoyable, knowledgeable, sensitive man with a contagious warm spirit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I initially contacted Solfun when I was planning a trip to Utah and experienced several unanswered phone calls and e-mails. I pursued them because of the great reviews the company received and figured they were just busy. When I finally spoke with a human I thought everything was set for a one day mountain bike adventure with them. I contacted them again just prior to departing for Moab and was told that the date we had agreed on was now in question because they did not have any other riders with similar ability (Intermediate) as mine booked for that day. Three days prior to the scheduled ride they still would not commit to a day and I was told I was a difficult booking because I was a single. I ended up going with another company. Ironically, while I was at the mountain bike trail head with the other company, the Solfun van showed up to ride the same trail.

3  Thank Snowball2442
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic mountain biking excursion with Ann and Pat. They led us through a challenging course and beautiful landscape. They gave us a lot of helpful tips to enhance our riding.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We had a fantastic morning ride at Barlett Wash on slickrock with our guide Chris.
I booked the tour with Solfun firstly beacuse we could expressly request to make a tour on slickrock, even on the afternoon right before the day of our trip. Secondly, the relative small size of the group at the time of booking (3 including the guide) was a real plus.
The equipment, especially the bikes, was top-notch and Chris was great in helping us get comfortable with the full suspension bikes. He also went on providing more "individualized" help during the tour to help everybody get up to speed, improve technique, and he tailored the experience on the basis of the skill level of the group.
Chris also took time to tell us about the environment, history and natural formations.
Overall, the level of equipment, the guide, track and surrounding scenery made for an amazing experience.
Would definitely recommend Solfun to anyone, from rookies to advanced MTBers.