“Canyoneering with Marie”

Moab Desert Adventures
Ranked #17 of 66 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided by passion, we offer private rock climbing and canyoneering trips in some of the world's most unique locations. From desert towers to canyoneering with the family, we can take you where you want to go!
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I went canyoneering for the first time today! Our guide was excellent, very supportive and knowledgable. We were beginners and she worked very well with us. We had a great time! We did the Morning Glory Arch half day canyoneering trip and i would greatly recommend it. Thanks again!!

MoabDesertAdventures, Owner at Moab Desert Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for the lovely review. We sincerely appreciate your business, and hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had a lot of doubts about attending a Splitter crack climbing camp.
1- I hate cracks!
2- I hate groups
3- I never toprope
4- I usually figure I don't really need to pay a guide to climb.

However, attending turned out to be genuinely worthwhile and I would consider repeating a session, even though I still don't really like cracks!

The camp is well run, efficient and considerate of other Indian Creek climbers.
Guides are cheerful and enthusiastic teachers.
Toproping turns out to be an efficient way to learn crack skills.
The 'gang toproping' atmosphere is minimized by splitting the group amongst multiple areas.

Most people seem to like crack climbing, so the techniques will be especially useful for them, but even I have been using my new skills on local sport climbs, especially with my feet. This has been a welcome surprise.

This camp is an excellent value, 3 days of focused instruction for a really good price. You won't be served gourmet dinners unless you cook them yourself, but you will become a much better crack climber. Isn't that the point of these camps?

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I wanted to climb Ancient Art, but lacked a partner so decided to go with a guide service. I was very pleased with my experience with Justin. We got going bright and early and so were first in line at this very popular climb. Justin was relaxed, friendly and encouraging, and had a great strategy for protecting and belaying the rather complicated summit. I felt very safe and relaxed and was pleased with free climbing all but one move on the bolt ladders. It was still early in the day when we completed Ancient Art, so we moved on the Root Canal on the Molar Tower for some enjoyable top roping. Commercial guiding is not inexpensive, but some times it is worth the investment - this was definitely one of those occasions.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just wanted to let everybody know who is planning a visit to Moab, UT and enjoys outdoors, definitely get in touch with Moab Desert Adventure! My friend and I wanted to climb in the Indian Creek so we hired one of their guides. And it was such an amazing experience! Justin (our guide) was extremely helpful, a lot of fun, knowledgable, and most importantly we felt very safe. If you want to learn how to climb crack, or conquer one of the spectacular towers in the area, or go canyoneering, give them a call, and your money will be well spent while you come back home with precious memories to last a lifetime!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We did Indian Creek and Ancient Art with Justin. Never have I been guided by such a knowledgeable, encouraging, enthusiastic, safe and skilled guide before. Justin and Moab Desert Adventures, made my trip to Moab awesome and very memorable. Highly suggest you use their guiding services. You guys are great.