“Professional, and experienced guide company”

Moab Desert Adventures
Ranked #17 of 66 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided by passion, we offer private rock climbing and canyoneering trips in some of the world's most unique locations. From desert towers to canyoneering with the family, we can take you where you want to go!
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I rolled into moab and only had a few days to spend there. I decided to try a multi-pitch climb after many years of single pitch, sport climbing. I called around to some of the other guide companies, but MDA seemed the most organized with their schedule, and the owner, Nate, offered to take me up himself. I was pretty nervous about doing a multi-pitch climb, but Nate was very reassuring in our conversations, and we headed up Ancient Art tower in the afternoon. He knew the route well, and I felt at ease throughout the climb. He offered to take some photos, which was nice to share with my friends and family back home. It was a great experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time climbing one of the classic towers. Would highly recommend MDA! Also, bought some beautiful beaded, fair-trade necklaces in the shop that Nate's mom brought over from Uganda. How cool is that?

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My brother and I booked a trip to canyoneer down through Morning Glory. Larry was excellent and the entire experience was top notch. Nate runs a great business. I highly recommend these guys and we will be returning for sure!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I want to thank Nate and Justin for the great time last week Canyoneering. We took the Morning Glory route and it was super!

Nate was very helpful and got in touch with me right away-which I apprenticed. Justine was knowledgeable and very patient and provided excellent instructions and took safety seriously.

I would defiantly recommend them if you are planning to go Canyoneering.
Thanks so much!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friends and I have visited Moab regularly over the past twenty years, mostly to do mountain biking and golf. This year we thought we would try something special - canyoneering to be exact. Moab Desert Adventures, which now has a new owner was a great choice. Nate, the new boss, was wonderful and provided us with a very competent and knowledgeable guide, Justin. Both of these individuals are very classy: well read, knowledgeable about the desert ecosystems and the geology, and very effective communicators. I am deathly afraid of heights, but decided that I had to confront my fears. Justin instilled the confidence that I needed to thoroughly enjoy my adventure. All four of us were blown away by this experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My brother and a friend of ours went out to Moab for the weekend and decided to give canyoneering a try. We decided just to do a quick half day trip. Our guide Justin did an excellent job, was knowledgeable about the landscape, and very safe. We'll be back for a full day adventure hopefully next year. I'd highly recommend Moab Desert Adventures!