“Expensive, but worth it”

Redtail Air Adventures
Monument Valley, Canyonlands National Park and Natural Bridges Air Tour
Ranked #24 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See some of the most popular national parks the way they were meant to be seen - from the air! Canyonlands and Arches National Parks will open beneath you as you soar over spectacular geography and hear wild stories about the people and animals who once lived there and some who still do! We offer scenic tours to fit every itinerary that make the entire area accessible to everyone without ever leaving a footprint.
Virginia
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Expensive, but worth it”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the second time I have taken a flight with Redtail Aviation. The first time almost five years ago, they were really accommodating taking us out at 6:30 AM, as we had to leave the area that morning. The flight over Canyonlands was amazing and the pilot was great - knowledgeable, funny and eager to have us see everything. We came back in May this year with my son. We decided to add Arches to the trip. Again it was great, although the portion over Arches was not nearly as spectacular as Canyonlands and a bit of an anticlimax. It was nice, but not essential and I would recommend saving your money. In fairness, they actually warned me about this, but I figured "What the heck. My son will never be with me again. So let's go all out." Make no mistake, flights are expensive, wherever they are, particularly when four people are on the flight. However, they have produced some of the memorable experiences of all the many trips we have taken and I don't regret a single one of them. Canyonlands, especially Canyonlands, is one of the places where a flight will really add to you appreciation of how wondrous nature can be and it is also, like many places, the only way to see many parts of it, except through hiking where almost no one but the most fanatical would attempt. So if you can afford it, by all means, do it and I have absolutely no hesitation to recommend Redtail. They will treat you right.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JJJC_Family

Great Falls, Montana, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Every visitor to Canyonlands should do it this way”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

When we decided to visit this area, and after reviewing park maps- we chose to pay the price for an airplane tour over Canyon lands. There is just too much park and too few roads to really get a good look any other way. Made reservations a few days before-easy peasy- showed up at the appointed time. Our pilot and guide, Nick, was very personable, professional, and easy to be around. Made the writer(me) comfortable about my first ever flight on a small plane. showed us the route he would be flying on a topo map so we would have some idea of where we were. Plane was comfortable- Nicks take off and landing were smoother than any commercial flight I've been on. The trip was incredible- showed us all the major tourist attractions- the day was clear, and calm and wonderful. Well worth every dollar we paid to take this flight. Highly recommend this way of seeing the Canyon lands.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gail A
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Redtail Aviation”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you want to really see the great canyon lands, I strongly recommend taking a scenic plane ride with Redtail Aviation. It is jaw dropping scenery in a low flying plane - you have to see it to believe it. Our pilot, Larry was very knowledgable about the geography and history of Utah. Our one hour flight was an absolute thrill!

Visited September 2013
Pepperell, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This was the most special part of our trip to Canyonlands, Arches,and Dead Horse Point!!! Such a great experience! Shane was a great pilot, and tour guide!!! The views were spectacular!!! Though we drove and hiked to many sights...this, by far, was tops!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank bwinter05
Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fly to Monument Valley from Moab”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We arranged a scenic air tour from Canyonland Air Field, Moab, to Monument Valley. The round trip flight took two hours, the flight and panorama were awesome. We flew over Canyonlands on our way to Monument Valley, we saw the junction of the Colorado and Green River. The colours and sheer size of this place is incredible. The topography slowly changes as you fly south from canyons to buttes. The colour changes are also incredible. We flew at about 1000 - 1200 feet between the buttes when we got to Monument Valley. We did not land at Gouldings Trading Post as we thought we would, we were advised by the Pilot that our schedule would not allow for this to happen. We booked and paid for our air fares through one of the companies in Moab that arranges a lot of different tours. The reason we booked through a third party company was because their website stated that their trip to Monument Valley included a landing at Goulding's Trading Post. I was a little put out when we found out that we would not be landing at Gouldings from the Redtail Pilot. I do not blame Redail Aviation for this, however I do blame the tour company who advertises that a landing a Gouldings Trading Post forms part of the scenic air tour. If you are thinking or flying to Monument Valley I would deal direct with Retail Aviation.

Make sure you take an early flight say 9am, as it is a smoother flight in the morning than the afternoon.

Visited September 2012