“Canyonlands from Above”

Air Tour of Arches National Park
Ranked #23 of 61 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: See some of the most popular national parks the way they were meant to be seen - from the air! Canyonlands and Arches National Parks will open beneath you as you soar over spectacular geography and hear wild stories about the people and animals who once lived there and some who still do! We offer scenic tours to fit every itinerary that make the entire area accessible to everyone without ever leaving a footprint.
Panama City, Panama
“Canyonlands from Above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

There is no way to experience Canyonlands National Park that is more comprehensive, picturesque, or outright thrilling than a scenic flight. From take off to landing, I was completely absorbed in the experience, like watching an incredible movie, the rest of the world melted away as we flew over the 3 districts of Canyonlands. It was fun spotting familier landmarks like Corona Arch and various points of interests through Island in the Sky as well as flying over (personally) uncharted territory. It was a great way to see the Maze, which is the least visited and most difficult section of Canyonlands to explore. Our pilot, Nick, was everything you could ask for in a guide. He was personable yet professional, humorous yet informative, easy-going yet experienced, and most of all, fun. We had a great flight!

Visited March 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My 17 year old son loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Zion and Arches national parks with my son, and while in Zion, I decided to schedule a flight for him over Canyonlands park. He took over 200 pictures out of the copilot seat in the Cessna 172 he flew in. The pilot, Dave, knew a lot about the area and told a lot about the American history and the formation of the different structures. The hour long flight was paced very well.

Jennifer J, Manager at Redtail Air Adventures, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
The combination tour is amazing and there is no where in the world you can find scenery like this. I'm so glad you and your son had a good time. We love what we do and have amazing pilots on our team. We only hire the best here at Redtail and Dave fits right in. Thank you for flying with us and good luck in your travels.
“Wicked awesome scenic flight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a rad way to get a real understanding of the land surrounding Moab. Also, Dave, our pilot, was competent, knowledgeable, and entertaining.

Visited April 2014
Awesome. Thank you for coming to fly with us. I'll let Dave know you had a great time and I hope it was everything you had expected and more. Come see us again if you get a chance!
Springfield
“Best view of geologic wonders! Ask for pilot Dave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Amazing view of geologic wonders. To get an idea of the scope and variety of this unique area you must see it from the air. Pilot Dave was wonderful explaining the vistas, pointing out famous locations and answering questions. Smooth low flying flight. Stunning!

Visited April 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Redtail Air Adventures, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dave really is a great pilot and he gives a wonderful tour. I'm very glad you had an opportunity to fly with us, especially as a photographer. It is almost impossible to imagine the magnitude and scale of the area until you have "gods-eye-view". I hope your trip was better than expected and if not we would love to hear suggestions about how we can make our services even better.
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great early morning flight for photographers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My friend Joe and I booked a sunrise flight for some early light aerial photography. We had a clear morning and our pilot, Kim, was very responsive to our needs. Being very familiar with the area, I was able to direct him on a very specific itinerary but he also knows the area like the back of his hand and made many valuable suggestions along the way. We spent 2.2 hours in the air and I came back with 3,061 RAW images. Granted, I shot a lot on high continuous but still....

We flew from Canyonlands Field over the Maze section of the National Park, down the Green River to the confluence with the Colorado and then to the Needles area of the park. We circled many iconic shots, like Angel Arch in order to get the perfect vantage point and light. Then back up the river, past Dead Horse Point, the potash mines, over "Behind the Rocks" area, across Moab Valley to Castle Valley, Fisher Tower, Arches NP and back to the airfield. Kim would fly as high or low as desired with a few Park restrictions.

I would highly recommend this for anybody interested in an aerial view of the very unique geology of the area and especially for photographers. But for photographers, nothing beats the sunrise flight. And of course, the flight can be customized to your liking for time and destinations.

Visited April 2014

Been to Redtail Air Adventures? Share your experiences!