“Great Stay!”

Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Moab
home
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Stayed at the Riverside Inn last weekend. The price was reasonable, the room clean and very comfortable, the pool and whirlpool delightful, the continental breakfast good (the fresh strawberries a bonus). They offered special bike storage and a hose and rags to keep our bikes clean. This hotel offered much more than other hotels at a much cheaper price. I'll stay here again, you bet!

• Liked — pool and whirlpool
  • Stayed May 2008
3 Thank rshovea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Eastern Connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2008

We stayed 3 nights last Sept. and yes, the property is dated but it suited our purpose as a base for lots of outdoor activities just fine. We liked that it was located on the outskirts of town so we didn't have to deal with local traffic on our way to Arches National Park, Canyonlands Island in the Sky, Dead Horse Point State Park and all the wonderful attractions on the northern side of Moab. It was just a short drive into the center for restaurants and shopping.

The room was very reasonably priced and comfortable enough. I don't recall any problems with cleanliness. The front desk staff were friendly. There was a pool and hottub for relaxing after a long day of hiking. The A/C and the bathroom fan were quite loud however. We liked having a washer and dryer on the premises but beware, the dryer snagged a handkerchief; I would have been very upset if it had ruined a favorite article of clothing. If you're looking for an inexpensive motel with easy access to the parks, Riverside Inn should do quite nicely.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lound A/C fan
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4evertravlin
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I've been going to Moab for years to bike, climb and just hang out. This was my first stay at the Riverside Inn, which I found below average. The rate was $65, the room was one King Size bed. My first impression was that the rooms were not well kept. The carpet showed wear and tear, stains (I wore socks, and wished I'd had slippers, but would not go barefoot, that should say it all) the sheets on the bed were thin and needed to be replaced. I stripped the bedspread, as I do in every hotel. The router in the room did not work so I was left with a "poor" signal and therefore internet did not work efficiently. I called the front desk and was instructed to check the router myself, which I did, but still unplugging it and plugging it back in did not fix the issue. Even the available ethernet connection did not work. So, no internet, and I was their on business and this is important.
The room was quiet, no noise problems, T.V. was small, there was a refrigerator in the room.
The staff were nice and always greeted with a smile, but that just does not cut it for me. I'm not hard to please, but I think the owners should really look at investing money back into the property as it's showing its use. I would not chose this property in the future.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank iBike

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Reviewed 3 November 2007

We have stayed at the Riverside in for 3 nights during our visit in Moab. The first impression was not so good because the house looked old although it is said that it was built back in 1995 and the smell in the lobby was awful.

Our room was big but really not clean. I could find hair everywhere in the bathroom. It had two kingsize beds which was nice but the sheets were not clean. The window was really dirty and some spiders and insects found death in the fly-net. It was good that the room had a fridge and it was possible to heat a meal in the microoven outside the room.

The street was really close and we could hear every car passing by. Another problem was that our room was above the entrance and so we had light coming through the window during the night.

The pool was okay, nothing bad but not too bad at all. You have to pick towels from the reception.

Breakfast was served from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and it was the worst breakfast we had on our tour (including 14 hotels). The coffee and the orange juice tasted like water, the choice was very limited.

Parking is free and don't worry, if you can't find the hotel in Moab, it is a bit outside but close to Arches Nationalpark.

At all, I cannot recommand the hotel because of the dirty bathroom, the breakfast, the window and the smell. Sorry, but you should really keep on searching!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunflower76
Tempe
Reviewed 30 October 2007

At first, my wife and I thought we were getting a good deal. We were moving from WI to AZ and we wanted to stop at Arches along the way. We got to the hotel late and I usually don't go under covers because I am too hot. The night went OK, we just had a few temperature control problems in our room. It was a little cold, so I went under the sheets.

When I woke up in the morning, my wife told me to turn on the light, and, there I saw it. I was sleeping in a puddle of dried blood. I immediately looked at my clothes and skin. To my horror, I was NOT bleeding. I was sleeping the night in someone else's dried blood.

I went to the front desk to complain. They were useless. They told me that the woman who services that room had been with them for years and would never make that mistake. Basically, without saying it directly, they told me that I was trying to scam them in some way. It was horrible. I ended up taking pictures and filing a complaint with the Utah Lodging and Hotel Assn (of which this hotel is NOT a member, I found) and they said they would pass it on to the Utah Health Bureau. Never EVER stay here; it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jomamatempe
Rose Hill
Reviewed 27 October 2007

This is a great motel. Room was very quiet and clean. They offer a continental breakfast which is nothing fancy but you can get cereal, hot oatmeal, toast, coffee and OJ. I recommend highly for the cleanliness we found.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — ??????
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ramona8
Lakewood, CO
Reviewed 30 August 2007

The place, inside and out, needs a good cleaning. There's spider webs
on the interior fixtures as you walk up the staircase. The bathrooms and fixtures are cheap and well used. Forget the white burlap towels that have names of different Hotels and Motels on them..stolen or auction? I thought the place was at least 25 years old and find out it's only 12. $80 for a double is about normal but it reminded me of a Super 8 (which is across the street and cheaper with HBO). Don't forget to bring a magnifing glass if you want to settle down to watch
TV.... it's a small one! Beds were okay. Draperies were rotted from the hot sun and light shows through (west facing windows). A/C worked
fine. Nothing to write home about but a comfortable night's stay... but would say it should be more than $55 a night.

• Liked — Easy to get to the Arches
  • Disliked — Price for amenities
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends