“very decent room in an ideal location”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Moab
slc,ut
“very decent room in an ideal location”
Reviewed 3 May 2009

if you expect a 5 star the riverside isn't for you...but if you like a nice clean room close to the major nat. parks or if you you like to ride the trails( bike,jeep,atv) this is the most economical motel in moab i've stayed at the riverside 3 or 4 times a year for the last several years and will continue to book with them. and i've met many wonderful talkative people at the breakfast bar each time i will continue to book there also consider the moab diner in the middle of town for casual dining

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richardSlc_ut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Lawrence Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2008

decent hotel but it cost me double 42 dollars per night, so trip advisor really should updat there prices. nothing fancy just clean and well maintained in a great location.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — )big beetle found in the bathroom (not the hotel's fault, it's the area
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2008

When other options didn't pan out for us, we were left searching for another place to stay in Moab. Most places were already booked, or the few rooms they had left were horribly expensive. We finally found a room here that was very reasonably priced. The room was adequate. Sheets had holes in them. Room was quiet, but we were facing the hill not the road. Breakfast was good for a continental. Lots of juice, coffee, cereal, bread products and fresh fruit. Front desk staff not horribly helpful. Didn't use the pool because the hours didn't fit into our schedule. If I was planning a trip in advance I think I could find better accommodation at a better price, but in a pinch at the last minute this hotel was adequate.

Stayed May 2008
3 Thank ktowntravllr
home
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Stayed at the Riverside Inn last weekend. The price was reasonable, the room clean and very comfortable, the pool and whirlpool delightful, the continental breakfast good (the fresh strawberries a bonus). They offered special bike storage and a hose and rags to keep our bikes clean. This hotel offered much more than other hotels at a much cheaper price. I'll stay here again, you bet!

• Liked — pool and whirlpool
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rshovea
Eastern Connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2008

We stayed 3 nights last Sept. and yes, the property is dated but it suited our purpose as a base for lots of outdoor activities just fine. We liked that it was located on the outskirts of town so we didn't have to deal with local traffic on our way to Arches National Park, Canyonlands Island in the Sky, Dead Horse Point State Park and all the wonderful attractions on the northern side of Moab. It was just a short drive into the center for restaurants and shopping.

The room was very reasonably priced and comfortable enough. I don't recall any problems with cleanliness. The front desk staff were friendly. There was a pool and hottub for relaxing after a long day of hiking. The A/C and the bathroom fan were quite loud however. We liked having a washer and dryer on the premises but beware, the dryer snagged a handkerchief; I would have been very upset if it had ruined a favorite article of clothing. If you're looking for an inexpensive motel with easy access to the parks, Riverside Inn should do quite nicely.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lound A/C fan
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4evertravlin
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I've been going to Moab for years to bike, climb and just hang out. This was my first stay at the Riverside Inn, which I found below average. The rate was $65, the room was one King Size bed. My first impression was that the rooms were not well kept. The carpet showed wear and tear, stains (I wore socks, and wished I'd had slippers, but would not go barefoot, that should say it all) the sheets on the bed were thin and needed to be replaced. I stripped the bedspread, as I do in every hotel. The router in the room did not work so I was left with a "poor" signal and therefore internet did not work efficiently. I called the front desk and was instructed to check the router myself, which I did, but still unplugging it and plugging it back in did not fix the issue. Even the available ethernet connection did not work. So, no internet, and I was their on business and this is important.
The room was quiet, no noise problems, T.V. was small, there was a refrigerator in the room.
The staff were nice and always greeted with a smile, but that just does not cut it for me. I'm not hard to please, but I think the owners should really look at investing money back into the property as it's showing its use. I would not chose this property in the future.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank iBike

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Reviewed 3 November 2007

We have stayed at the Riverside in for 3 nights during our visit in Moab. The first impression was not so good because the house looked old although it is said that it was built back in 1995 and the smell in the lobby was awful.

Our room was big but really not clean. I could find hair everywhere in the bathroom. It had two kingsize beds which was nice but the sheets were not clean. The window was really dirty and some spiders and insects found death in the fly-net. It was good that the room had a fridge and it was possible to heat a meal in the microoven outside the room.

The street was really close and we could hear every car passing by. Another problem was that our room was above the entrance and so we had light coming through the window during the night.

The pool was okay, nothing bad but not too bad at all. You have to pick towels from the reception.

Breakfast was served from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and it was the worst breakfast we had on our tour (including 14 hotels). The coffee and the orange juice tasted like water, the choice was very limited.

Parking is free and don't worry, if you can't find the hotel in Moab, it is a bit outside but close to Arches Nationalpark.

At all, I cannot recommand the hotel because of the dirty bathroom, the breakfast, the window and the smell. Sorry, but you should really keep on searching!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family