“Fun Kayaking on Colorado River”

Canyon Voyages Adventure Co - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. offers half, full and multi-day river trips on the Colorado and Green rivers around Moab, Utah for you and your family. Our professional guides will make your river experience comfortable and fun! If you're a 'do-it-yourself' type, Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. is the premier rental shop for all your boating and camping needs
Washington, D.C.
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Fun Kayaking on Colorado River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family of four had a nice morning in the inflatable kayaks on the River. I didn't want to do the big rapids trip but wanted to find something more than just a float trip on river (particularly after reading other comments) so found the inflatable rafts and chatted with Canyon Voyages and booked it. Our guide Dave was great. He clearly knew the river. We all have kayaked before and so off we went and he directed us right into the best part of the rapids. All Class 1/2 rapids but in the inflatable 2 person boats got much more of a ride -- I even went a bit airborne on the last rapid. Would have loved to have one or two more rapids to ride we were having so much fun. Time on water went by too fast.

Capolago, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best whitewater rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great whitewater rafting in the Westwater Canyon, CV organized everything very we'll and Scott has been a fantastic river guide. The experience is awesome both rafting and swimming in the Colorado River. We felt safe all the time.
Canyon Voyages is excellent!

Visited August 2014
Hinckley
“A lovely day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant day rafting and kayaking on the Colorado. We hadn't read the information about the different trips carefully enough and were a bit disappointed with the size of the rapids. But that was our fault not theirs. Very well organised. Friendly staff and a great lunch on the beach. We enjoyed the kayaking and swimming in the river. Emily was great! Our teenage children loved the day.

Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spent our day with Dave, Connie & Haley and had the best rafting trip ever. Haley was our guide and she was just so sweet and informative. We even had the opportunity to jump into the Colorado River and swim between rapids. Dave was the bus driver who had a sense of humor to die for. When we stopped for lunch, Scott made the best salad I think I've ever had. This was our first trip with Canyon Voyages but it won't be our last. I checked out about 4 other tour companies and knew from the minute that I walked into Canyon Voyages that this is the company we were going to tour with. First impressions mean a lot. I would recommend booking your day trip with Canyon Adventures ~ it was well worth the money and you will be happy you did. Wonderful experience all around.

1 Thank Sissy B
Statesville
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First Class Rafting Outfitter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I had booked a trip early in 2014 with a large, well-known national outfitter. However, within 2 weeks of our trip...the outfitter canceled on us because another group had canceled on them. (A note that if you are booking as a small group that can't fill a full raft...I suggesting asking in advance about their cancellation policies.) However, our travel agent was able to book us on another day trip with Canyon Voyages Adventure Co in Utah. Only later, do I now realize that our fortune had only changed for the better.

The folks at Canyon Voyages are absolute professionals. Everyone associated with CV were helpful, experienced, kind, and always trying to make our whitewater experience enjoyable. I want to especially recognize some of the river guides... Richard, David, and Scott...these guys are pros to say the least. Not only do they know how to guide you through some great whitewater....they make the trip enjoyable, educational, interesting, and many times...quite humorous. Whether your first rafting trip or if you are a seasoned rafter....these guys are top notch and make the trip exciting, safe, and leaving you ready to immediately book another trip.

In fact, given the opportunity on our last day to any number of activities...my daughter and I quickly chose to book another day trip with Canyon Voyages. We were thrilled to find out that Richard and David..our guides on an earlier trip in the week...were again going to lead us on a two-person kayaking 1/2 day trip. Great fun on both occasions!

So if you are planning to be in the Moab area...I'd strongly recommend Canyon Voyages. And if you are looking for top of the line river, hiking, or biking gear...be sure to take some time to drop in their store downtown. I found a pair of hiking shoes for my daughter...well known specialized brand...a almost half of the retail price you would find anywhere else.

Thanks again to CV for making our vacation one to remember! We look forward to our next visit to Moab and will definitely book again with them.