We recently stayed at the Sorrel River Ranch for a weekend, and the location of this property is perfect for a visit to Arches National Park. Our room was perfect, and the views are breathtaking. I would have rated this ranch as Excellent if the staff were more knowledgeable while we were booking our room and during our stay. I specifically asked for a room with a fireplace when I booked, and when we arrived, our room did not have a fireplace. I then called the front desk about it, and the young woman said perhaps we might like the room above ours, and someone would be over to let us view it because it was vacant at the time. I called back about 10 minutes later and spoke with a different young woman who confirmed the room above us was actually booked and there was no fireplace in that room either. We stayed in our room, and we were perfectly happy with it, but there is definitely a breakdown in communication among the staff. One day we called and asked if the pool was heated. The young woman said it was, and it was heated to about 95 degrees...it was not heated. Also, one evening for dinner we put our name on the list and were told by the hostess it wouldn't be long - about an hour later we checked back in after having a couple of cocktails - and it appears she totally forgot about us and seated us right away. Lastly, we had breakfast on our last day there, and we ordered coffee. The young woman brought out the strongest coffee I have every had, and if you knew anything about coffee, you would have known it shouldn't look like tar. I had to send it back and ask for another cup, which was much better. Our understanding is that the staff live on site, and they are all very young and friendly, but they need more training about the resort and its amenities. Perhaps they will learn more as the season progresses, but then rates should be less if we're staying while they are still in training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst southern Utah’s spectacular scenery, Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa elevates the standard of luxury lodging in Moab, offering 160 acres of wide open ranch land along the Colorado River. Escape and discover extraordinary Arches and Canyonlands National Parks adventures, horseback riding, hiking, farm-to-table meals, rejuvenating spa services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sorrel River Ranch Hotel Moab
- Sorrel River Hotel
- Sorrel River Resort
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort And Spa Moab, Utah