“Fine to stay but expensive”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The place is fine, clean. But expensive for what it offers. The card to open my room was changed about 7 times. The people in the front desk is very kind.

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Moab

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is hotel is better than the average Motel 6. Room was clean. Towels were normal (not sandpaper). Hotel was safe. Hot tub was good, especially after a day in the national parks nearby!

Room Tip: Consistent hotel. Good value for the price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Road T
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wondering how this place can be in business without management? Our swimsuits were bleached out completely in the the hot tub. We were told "There weren't any other complaints" when we suggested they put a sign up! Was told there was no manager! The next morning was told the owner would reimburse us for the room or suits but now won't return a phone call!! Does anyone run this hotel? If whatever chemicals they are using could do this to clothes than what did it do to my children that were swimming in here?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mad C
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Motel 6 as usual. Good value for money. Though booked in advance, on arrival they were nice enough to let us benefit of the new, lower prices.
Once again, no tea available (and that for a touristy place?) but the receptionists were very helpful with filling my thermos with hot water for tea.
Odd thing: the bath filled with blueish water, but still did the job just fine, no smell or anything ;-)
Too bad it's a bit out of town, though that also means closer to the National Parks...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margoworldtraveller
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We were passing through for just one night so this was perfect, almost perfect. We had a room with 2 double beds for $39. The room was comfortable, very clean, great corner tub with shower so lots of elbow room, extra towels, large vanity and closet. No frig or micro, no breakfast but with the money we saved ($30 or so) over a downtown motel we had a great breakfast at the Denny's next door. The motel had an outdoor hot tub, very nice and open until 11pm. TV and WiFi both worked great. They also had a laundry which we did not use and the pool was closed for the winter. The rooms are inside access only. Would gladly stop here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmlincoln
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was frightened staying here without my husband (I was headed east for a funeral, and husband had to stay home with our pets.) Room was adequate but on the small side. I found a hair-clip that a prior guest had left behind hanging over the shower curtain, and began to wonder how clean the shower could actually be. There were stains on the "clean" towels that made me uneasy. There was much noise from people near my room, but the management could hardly help that. What the management COULD help, however, was how I was treated. I was shrugged at and thrown a room key. About an hour after I arrived, there was a ghastly odor in the hallway that I tried, mentally, to attribute to perhaps a guest having brought Chinese food into the motel. On my departure, I had to shout three times to get someone to come to the empty desk for my checkout. I stayed here because I had to, but I wouldn't choose it again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 295SueB
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The only bad part about my experience at that motel 6 is that the from desk clerk. She was not in a good mood and she did let it show. But I guess asking her to confirm that they had a AAA rebate and free wifi did get on her nerve ....

Paid 35,99 +tx per night (stayed there sunday and monday) (AAA rebate included) (for 2 guess)

Wifi worked great, (skype call were very clear)
Bead ware comfy
Heather worked well
Everything was clean (exception for the coins operated cloth dryer of the guess laundry)
There a pool (closed for the season) and hot tub outside (still operational in november)
Not noisy, near Arches National Park (4-5 minutes drive)

Would go back anytime !!

If you want to have a great bear and decent meal for a low price, try the Moab Brewry, bear was around 2,5$ a pint and menu price vary from 7-14$ (btw the fish taco are great, same for the cheese and beer soup)

Room Tip: Ask for a room whit out a sharing door, they don't cut the noisy as well of the wall.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple