“Good location, clean, pet-friendly”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Moab
“Good location, clean, pet-friendly”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We booked a night at the Motel 6 because after arriving in Moab we decided to stay an extra night--and the La Quinta Inn we were staying at was already booked up. We travel with dogs, so not only is finding a (decent) place that is dog friendly important, but finding one that doesn't charge huge pet fees. Reluctantly, because I had never stayed at one and always heard horror stories about Motel 6, we booked a room here. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the room is small, and yes the amenities that, as Americans, we expect are missing--but that it reflected in the price, so it's not a big deal to me. Especially since I expected it. The room was clean and appeared to be newly renovated. The bed wasn't as comfortable as other chains, but, again, also expected. And, yes, those floors were linoleum. BUT, they were, I believe, trying to follow a modern decor and it is the linoleum that is supposed to resemble hardwood. This has its pros and cons. Pro: you can really tell that the floor is clean, and especially for a hotel that accepts pets, this is important. Con: You can hear every. single. move the people upstairs make. And there were kids above us. But, this is the luck of the draw at any hotel. My only really big complaint is that there were only two pillows on the queen size bed. Yes, I know that this can be remedied with a call to the desk, but I would imagine there are lots of requests for more pillows, so why not go ahead and supply them to begin with? It saves everyone the hassle.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Pet friendly. While the rooms bear a striking resemblance to dorm rooms with linoleum floors and plywood furnishings. However, when you drive in from the north into Moab, it is among the first hotels you will see, and despite the closeness to the road, it is very quiet. The rooms were spartan but very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. They do not serve breakfast, although coffee was available in the lobby. There is something of a view on the western side of the hotel where you can walk your pet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us. It appears you are a seasoned traveler and understands the Motel 6 brand well. We are a national no-frills hotel offering clean and comfortable stay at a great value. We are happy to have delivered our brand promise to you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Moab!
Ormskirk
Reviewed 11 July 2013

we stayed here last year so did not hesitate to stay again. Received the same friendly welcome and feeling of homeliness. Nice pool too and laundry here for you if you need it. Nothing is too much trouble, just ask if you need anything, they are more than willing to help. Good rates, maybe not the usual frills but you are in Moab and its a base to lay your weary head and get a fresh coffee in the morning. Visit the Moab Diner for a nice breakfast and give the Canyon Voyages a try, its a fabulous day for the whole family and I would recommend the lunch, you will not be disappointed.
This hotel is pet friendly and many guests come and stay and feel completely at home. We met some lovely people with lovely pets and great stories to tell. Its not all about the frills you have to have adventure too. Thanks again guys.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We are very happy you continue to find a value stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I'm a bit surprised about the mediocre reviews this place received - maybe I lucked out and got a great room?

Anyway, my room was awesome! It was big, clean, new flat screen TV, HUGE bathroom, and I can tell the building was either fairly new or just went through a major renovation because my everything in my room seemed pretty new. It was also one of the cheaper places in Moab that don't look sketchy. I'd recommend it to people to give it a try.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback. Everyone of our guest rooms were renovated this year. Thank you for mentioning your room bathroom. Motel 6 is known for its big and bright bathrooms with oversized shower space. We are happy you found good value with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place was pathetic. Rooms are just a tad bigger than a broom closet, bedspreads were filthy. No amenities (clock radio, coffee pot, small fridge), lousy service and an elevator that should be condemned. Far end of town not with walking distance to anything. Spend the extra few bucks and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
We are sorry you did not have a good stay with us, but your feedback appears that you don't know what the Motel 6 brand is all about. We are a no frills national brand hotel known to provide a clean and comfortable place to stay at the lowest rate among national brand hotels in our local markets. We are able to keep our rates lower because our loyal brand followers value savings over amenities that they may not care to pay for during their overnight stays.
Our elevator is state certified and is on a routine service contract. We are unclear on why you felt it needs to be condemned.
We apologize the Motel 6 brand is not for you, but still hope you had a good time enjoying Moab.

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

San Francisco, California, Usa
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights. Usually don't stay in motel 6, but July is peak season and other motels were booked. Very close to Arches NP. Has a pool, rooms were recently renovated. Surprisingly good for a motel 6. A little pricier than most motel 6's, but it was peak season.

• Stayed July 2013
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
We appreciate your business and thank you for giving our Motel 6 a try. We are happy you found good value at our Motel 6. We hope to see you again in Moab.
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed overnight here on a road trip. We noticed a few days before our trip from Colorado to Zion that we were going to pass by Moab and decided to stop there to go to Arches national park. Since we were just staying overnight we figured a basic hotel was fine especially since everything in Moab in summer is overpriced so we decided this motel would be fine - WRONG! If you are like me and debating about spending a little more to get a nice room or to just stay here since its only one night - get the better hotel if you can afford it and don't stay here. This is the only hotel I have ever given a rating of 1/5 and would've given it a negative if I could have - it was that bad. If we had paid $35 instead of $125 maybe I'd feel different. It was WAY too expensive for the room though even for the area. We checked in Friday June 21st around 9pm. When I got there to check in the girl at the desk was having a PERSONAL conversation on the motel phone for about 5 minutes before even acknowledging my presence. She finally looked up, told her friend "hang on a second", looked up at me annoyed and said "Yes?", like I was bothering her, I couldn't believe it and almost turned around to get back in my car (based on her attitude and the look of the motel as well as a pack of wet kids running rampant in their bathing suits in the lobby and up and down the halls - no parents to be seen) but it was late and I already had made a reservation online so I went ahead and told her I needed to check in, she huffed a bit, picked the motel phone back up and said to her friend "I have to call you back later", then she started to check me in until the group of wet rowdy kids butted in front of me and started asking how much the candy in the lobby was - 10 minutes later I was still patiently waiting to be checked in - finally she handed me the keys abruptly and said I was done - since she had barely said 2 words to ME - the customer (clearly in the way) checking in to this overpriced dorm room - I had to ask her where the room was and she quickly flopped a map on the counter and pointed down a hallway. Basic is one thing but this is barely a step above sleeping in the woods. The bed was SO uncomfortable that our hips and back were killing us the next morning - yes our hips - we are a young couple in our early 30s so our hips shouldn't hurt unless the bed really just sucks. The bed came with 2 of the worlds smallest pillows so my husband went to the front desk to ask for 2 more pillows and was told they didn't have any but everyone keeps asking for them - well DUH! These pillows and the bed are ridiculously small - so if you stay here bring your own pillows!!!! The room felt exactly like a dorm room but worse. Keeping in mind that this is a Motel 6 as management keeps pointing out to other reviewers - the only amenities that you will get is a bar of soap and a couple towels - so make sure you are ok with that. We paid $109 + tax which came out to $125 for one night for that we got: a bar of soap and a crappy bed - No shampoo/conditioner, no breakfast, no extra towels, an uncomfortable bed, 2 tiny pillows, a tiny tv, walls like paper (we heard people opening and closing their doors ALL night). Also I saw online that checkout was at noon but it is actually at 11am. We barely made it back in time from Arches NP to get our stuff out of the room since we thought we had an extra hour to pack up - actually only had about 6 min since the front desk girl failed to tell me ANYTHING when I checked in as mentioned above. I should have asked but I just went with what I thought I saw online. I only say this because checkout times are dependent on location and so if you have trouble figuring it out for this motel 6 now you know it is 11am. I will say that the location was pretty good, not too far from Arches NP and we were able to get up early and go there to see the main sights and get back to the hotel to check out and be on our way. I was really regretting not getting a room with breakfast though since we were pretty hungry before and after our hike in Arches. The motel is pet friendly which was also good but our dogs were really nervous the whole time (unusual for them) and barked at every noise since the walls were so thin and the room so cramped. The room does have plastic wood floors which is a plus (all pet friendly hotels should have this instead of carpet). It was just a big disappointment for us even for one night. My husband who is not at all picky even stated it was the worst night sleep he got the whole trip. The bedding could be so much better - poor sheets, dirty duvet cover (apparently never gets washed), and not enough pillows/too small pillows. If you can, stay elsewhere with a better bed, enough pillows, and better customer service.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel.