Motel 6 Moab
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inca Inn(Moab)
View Hotel
All reviewslaminate flooringthe nicest motelhot tubin townpancake hausoff seasonclose to arches national parkwasher and dryerplenty of parkingnice roomlaundry roompetratesdirtlodgingutahbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Unfortunately, my opinion of this Motel 6 property, in Moab, UT, was clouded by a very bad experience with the front desk clerk shortly after check-in. We arrived around 6 pm on the evening of June 23rd. I had made an online reservation for a handicap accessible room. There was a dark-haired, young man at the desk, who handled our check-in and he seemed very green and hesitant. There was also a young woman at the desk, who I presume was "training" him, but she was busy with something else and wasn't giving him much help. He finally found our reservation, mentioned the room number, described the room. I said, yes that sounds like it, but if you have any others that are closer to an entry door, that would be great, for getting our luggage in and out. So he did a little searching, asking the female at the desk some questions, then said, okay this room sounds good. I heard him tell her what room number we were going to be in, and she made the key card for us. I noticed the room number on the key card was different than the one he had said to her, and figured it was just a glitch, due to his newness, etc.

I then went to find a luggage cart, for our suitcases and ac/dc cooler. When I didn't see one, I asked the young man at the desk, and he told me they don't have one. So, I had to lug all of our stuff in by myself (my husband is health impaired). When I was dragging the cooler through the lobby, the young man finally realized that maybe he could help a little, but all through this, the young woman at the desk was pretty much ignoring the situation, engrossed in something else.

We finally got settled into the room, which had two full beds, instead of the single queen I had requested. I was not happy with that, but had had enough of the ineptness from the front desk and was hot and tired and decided to just let it go. About 20 minutes later, we were getting ready to leave for dinner, when there was a knock on our door. It was the young "lady", from the front desk. She asked why we were in this room. I said, it's because you gave it to us. She demanded to see my key card and its holder, to read the room number (which is what SHE had written on it). She said "OK" very impatiently, and left. Five minutes later, she came back. I opened the door for her and she came into the room and said, "You are going to have to move to a different room. This isn't the room you are supposed to be in." Mind you, there was no "I'm sorry we made a mistake". It was a very accusatory statement, as if we had done something wrong.

I told her that how could that be, when this was the room YOU put us in? She said, "Well you have two beds and you only reserved a room with one bed. I have some other people who need the two beds, so you will have to move."

I have worked for three different airlines, travel agencies, a ferry system and have run a motel myself, so I have more than 25 years experience in the industry. It hit me very hard how absolutely poorly this person was behaving. I almost couldn't believe it. Also, I was tired and hungry, as was my husband. I asked her what she was going to do for us, to make up for our inconvenience of having to pack up our stuff and move and were they going to take our luggage for us? She then got angry and said "No, we are certainly not. You are in the wrong room and you will have to move and we don't help with that." So, I told her, okay fine, but I promise you, I have some connections and will be sure Motel 6 upper management will know about this. She literally stomped off!

She returned about 5 minutes later and said, "Don't worry, you don't have to move, we worked it out", but her entire manner was rude, arrogant and hateful. Wow. Not a pleasant beginning to a stay in what is probably the most expensive Motel 6 there is. There is nothing different or special about this Motel 6 than others that are 60 per night, or lower. Our internet special rate was about 80. per night, but the sign for drop-ins says 99.00 a night and that was during the hot time. Right now, the online rate is 117. a night. That is for the same type of hotel-motel that you find at say, the Motel 6 in Boise Meridian Motel 6. For the same small, thin towels, the same small pillows, small ice bucket, no Kleenex, etc. And, apparently, the Moab Motel 6 doesn't even have a luggage cart, and especially no help for guests to get belongings in, even if they older and/or disabled. So, I recommend you find a hotel with more amenities, for the same price. I heard from some other people that the Super 8 in Moab has a nice pool and is about the same cost. But I don't know for sure, because unfortunately, we stayed at the Motel 6.

Oh, and the air conditioner had a bad rattle/buzz that kept waking me up all night. Email me if you want the room number, I'll dig into my paperwork to find it.

Room Tip: Make sure you get checked in to the correct room you reserved, or you'll make the desk clerk mad. If there is a mistake, apparently it will be your fault, not theirs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank clayartisan
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Clayartisan, We apologize for the poor customer service you received. The hotel front desk gets very busy, so with a trainee, it is sometimes difficult to keep things organized via too many things to multi-task. We apologize for the front desk delivery as she was in a hurry to resolve the problem and needing to get back to the desk with a trainee alone at the desk.
Our hotel does offer 2 luggage carts. They were most likely in use during your check-in. We hope you still had a good time in Moab and we invite you back to experience our otherwise very friendly service. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stopped here because it was the first one we saw with the idea of staying one night & ended up staying 3 nights. The desk clerks are courteous & knowledgable and are eager to help patrons have a good hotel stay. Hotel is very clean, quiet, has a great location with views of mountains & safe place for dogs to walk in the back of the hotel. We did not have a dog with us but we could see others with theirs. There were families with children but the noise level was comfortable. Wi-fi & large TV in comfortable rooms. Deer grazing in area added peaceful feelings.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Constance C
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Constance C: We are so happy to learn you had an excellent stay with us. Our staff works hard to provide a clean, comfortable, and friendly place for our guests. We hope to host you again the next time you are in Moab.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was surprised by the friendly staff at this no frills motel. The rooms were very clean and the access and parking were easy. It is located north of town so it is drive or bike ride to town where the restaurants and shops are located. The negative is the noise from upstairs both from the guests and the plumbing

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms might be quieter with less outside light during the night
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Nicely placed between arches and downtown moab. Clean, nice rooms. Friendly staff. VERY dog friendly, there were a lot of dogs there when we stayed. Indoor corridors. I think it was better than the typical Motel 6.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly T
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Let's start with the positive things regarding this motel. It's clean, looks new, has a spacious bathtube, good beds/pillows and is located nicely between Arches NP and Moab town centre.
The drawbacks: it's quite noisy, especially the noise from flushing toilets the floor above a room (as if an aircraft takes off) and machines on the third floor of the motel. That's where the story starts...
We were given room no.311, situated nearby the machines. The noise is so terrible and loud that we requested another room. We had not used the beds or anything but one little soap and towel (we had just arrived). Karla, the front office employee at duty, responded: "just pull out the plug at night." I checked that solution but it didn't silence the noise. So I went back to Karla and asked again for another room. She responded very quickly: "we don't have any rooms available." It sounded like a lousy excuse so I checked availability on the website. Yes, there were rooms available, the same kind as had been given to us. Besides, other rooms were still being cleaned and a man before us in row called half an our ago to make a booking. So, I just didn't believe her.
I confronted Karla with this. Deep sigh from Karla "Ok. You want a room with 1 queen size bed?" "No", I responded, "there are other rooms available! I can book them right now via the website!" It really felt like she tried to offer inferior rooms just to get rid of these 'annoying customers'.
"I have room 211 available" was her next try. Suddenly, there áre rooms available! I asked her if that was the same room as we had, but then a floor lower, so again, next to machines. Yes, it was. "Do you want room 214? You can have a look first." Finally, a decent proposal. Since that sounded further away from the machines, we decided to have a look. Although this room too was next to machines, these machines were much more quiet. Very acceptable. We agreed on this room and I asked Karla one more thing: "why were you so unwilling to help?" She said she wasn't unwilling to help, it was just that she had so much rooms to shift or something like that.
My advice for future customers: first check on the noise for about 15 minutes. The motel itself is not that bad at all.
My advice for management: replace, fix or (re)move the machines and have a chat with Karla... Hospitality and willingness gets a lot more credit!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank masebok
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for your comments. We take customer service very seriously at our Motel 6. The hotel manager has spoken to Karla who apologizes and will do her best to improve her service skills. The hotel is happy to learn that Karla did eventually find you a room of your liking. We hope you had a good stay with us and enjoyed Moab.