Motel 6 Moab
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inca Inn(Moab)
View Hotel
All reviewslaminate flooringthe nicest motelhot tubin townpancake hausoff seasonclose to arches national parkwasher and dryerplenty of parkingnice roomlaundry roompetratesdirtlodgingutahbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The pool is nice, the location is great, and the minimal staff is doing their best but that is about as far as the positives go. The room was clean, which is amazing, considering how dirty most of the activities in Moab are. The room felt small and very minimal. The bathroom and shower were at an awkward angle. There is no shampoo, only a small bar of soap and there was a shortage of towels. We asked for more at the desk and the one and only employee on the premises offered to wash some for us if we brought our old ones down. They were very skimpy with the pool towels too. The night guy did his best but there is only so much one guy can do. The room was noisy and none of us slept very well. We could hear traffic on the street and also, the beds were noisy so we could hear every time someone turned over or squirmed in the night. Corri Jo, the morning manager was terrific, she was the bright spot of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank road trip'n
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments on our hotel. Motel 6 is a no frills motel. We do not offer room amenities in trade for a lower room rate than any other national chain in our local markets. We are happy to learn that you recognized our clean rooms and friendly and helpful service. Thank you and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived late in Moab, most of the hotels were way overpriced for a single night, this was a good deal at only $51 with taxes. The guy who checked me in was excellent, knew just what I was after and gave me a good room in a quiet location (away from street noises). The room was clean, bed comfortable, not much more you really need.

However, the next morning things started going wrong. I got up in the middle of the night to use the head, and the toilet overflowed when I flushed. With vinyl floors it was no time at all before the entire room was flooded (water wouldn't shut off). Tried calling the front desk, the phone didn't work. Went down to get the girl on duty, she came up, looked things over, then asked, "you don't want a new room, do you?" Really? Toilet flooded, 1/2 inch of water on the floor, and she didn't think I'd want a new room? Bit of customer service training is needed here.

Room Tip: Back rooms are definitely quieter than those nearer the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

One Positive: Even thought people had dogs here, the room we were in was nice and quiet (end of hall, top floor, 302). That's where it stops. This room was $110/night (keep this in mind when reading this review).
When I was standing in the lobby, a lady asked if there was breakfast and the young man at the desk said "we give vouchers for Pancake Haus." Really? We were never told about these vouchers when we arrived. I asked if we could have them and he said to just get them in the morning when we leave for breakfast. So, I can't have them the night before why?
For whatever reason, we had no fitted sheet on the bed, just 2 flats. When I asked the evening guy if that was normal, he said he did not know. He had only been there about 3 weeks. He said the Manager had only been managing a week and the housekeeper was her first day, but she spoke no English and nobody there spoke any Spanish, so they could not communicate. This same sheet was on our bed 2 days in a row, so I doubt she changed the sheets, but merely made the bed. We were given a total of 2 bath towels (not much larger than hand towels) in our room. The first night we went down to the hot tub, I asked the guy at the desk for 2 towels for the pool. He said they had no towels and he did not know where they were or what anyone did with them. He did not know about the big towel bin next to the pool (but later told me he found it). He said he was washing towels b/c people were just using them like crazy b/c the Motel was full. He also said nobody had trained him on washing towels or told him anything about it. When I asked if he could call the Manager and ask for help, he said she had no minutes on her phone! WHAT?! You manage a motel and your employees cannot contact you?!! That's unacceptable. So, we just dried off with our towels in our room (went up soaking wet) and re-used them to shower the next morning. When the Manager, Corey, came in the next morning, I asked what was going on with the towel situation and she said she had about 30 towels missing (meaning people had stolen them). I asked if we could have 2 extra towels and she asked how many beds we had in our room. When I said 1 bed, she said that one bed rooms were only allowed 2 towels. Really? Because I have stayed at many motels with one bed and have been able to get 4 towels. Apparently, they ONLY had enough towels for each room and NO EXTRAS. So, I told her NOT to take the towels out of our room that we would re-use them. She said "Oh no, I have to take them and wash them." Really?! Because every other place we stay has all kinds of signs in the room asking you to please re-use towels if possible. So she asked what room I was in and I foolishly told her. When we returned that evening, we had 2 wash cloths in our room period. No bath towels, no hand towels. I was able to get the LAST TWO TOWELS from the young man who works at night thankfully. The Manager and the night staff said they were calling rooms to get dirty towels so they could wash them. Okay fine, but what there were doing was giving them to other guests who needed towels immediately, then the ones who got theirs taken away (like us) never got any more. When I addressed this situation to the young man working at night, we said they had 2 prior housekeepers who were really good, but this was the first day for the new one and they could not communicate because of a language barrier. He said the Manager had only been managing a week after previously working the desk. Great management decision. Hire someone with whom you cannot communicate, and don't give your employees proper training and don't be available to them in case of problems that may arise. That's a great way to run a hospitality business. Stay elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Choose top floor so you don't have people stomping around above you, NEVER NEAR AN ICE MACHINE because of the horrible noise it makes and the traffic nearby and NOT near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RockyMtnHighker
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear RockyMtnHighker: Thank you for recent review of your stay with us. The entire staff apologizes for the inconvenience of your stay with our guest towels. Our bath towels were ordered and on its way. Our desk clerk, Taylor, is new and was not trained properly to answer or address the problems you encountered. The manager will train him so he can improve his service delivery. Again, we apologize your poor experience and will make improvements immediately. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed one night in March, and the rate was $29 per night. Fantastic! We were moving cross country, so we had 2 cats and one dog and they stayed for free with no deposit. The motel staff was very nice when we arrived. The rooms were obviously remodeled with wood floors and modern furniture, so I was kind of surprised by the rate. Then it was time to shut off the T.V and go to sleep. I understand that motel walls are usually pretty thin, but when you add wooden floors it amplifies the sound. I felt like I was sharing a room with the family next door. I heard everything. Every word, yell, cry, step, door slam, snore ....everything. Needless to say it was a very long exhausting night. Another odd feature of the room was a corner, triangle shaped shower. The nozzle is literally right next to the shower curtain, so it's a tight fit. The only way I could take a shower without rubbing against the curtain was to actually pull the curtain out from the bottom, which caused the floor to get wet. Another odd feature... there isn't a clock in the room. You wouldn't think this would be a negative, but having to constantly check your phone for the time can be annoying. Although, with all these problems, you can't beat the rate. So it's a plus for the cost, pets and nice modern rooms. Negative for noise, small shower and missing clock.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Jayharris72:

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you are happy with the good value we provide. Our Motel 6 is a national prototype. Motel 6's are known for its spacious angled showers. In fact, many of our loyal guests like the bath feature the most.

As for noisy neighbors, you can always call the front desk to assist. Our front desk agents are trained to assist and resolve problems during a guest stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place was not your run of the mill Motel 6. When paying less than $80/night, I never expect much more than a (hopefully) clean place to lay my head. But these guys just upped my expectations! Corrie is the new manager and she takes her job seriously...her job is to make your stay comfortable and that's exactly what she did. They were just getting busy when we checked in but she was pleasant and made our check-in a breeze. We were soaking in the hot tub shortly thereafter! The rooms have recently been modernized. It's refreshing to see an inexpensive motel room WITHOUT the cheesy floral bedspread!!! Simple, clean, well done. Thanks to Corrie and her staff for showing that you don't have to spend a ridiculous amount to be treated well and have more than satisfactory accommodations!

• Stayed: March 2014