“Basic is really Basic”

Archview RV Resort & Campground
Ranked #15 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Moab
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at Archview Resort March 2-7, just before the real tourist season kicks off, so it was pretty quiet. The Basic Cabin really is basic, though the beds were comfortable, and the facilities were very clean. The pictures on their website show what you get. You need to bring a lot of stuff to make it comfortable, though. If the weather is not ideal enough to eat on the picnic table, there is a small 2-person table inside, with the tiny refrigerator bolted to it to you can't move it out of the way. There are no shelves for food. It has to be kept in boxes on the floor under the table.

Two chairs are provided. There were 3 of us, so I was glad I thought to bring another folding chair and a tray table that doubled as a night stand. I'm glad I also brought a small rug to catch shoe debris inside the door; otherwise the wood floors would be gritty and uncomfortable. Bring two -- one for the door and the other for the bedside.

There are four or five hooks on the walls to hang clothing clothing, so you will be living out of your bags. There are no towel bars (though there is room for at least two on the walls), so you have to drape your wet towels over the chairs.

There is very little headroom in the upper bunk, and one does have to be careful not to bonk the head in the lower bunk.

The bathroom/shower facilities were very clean, the shower heads were strong, and the water was hot. I was glad I had also taken a little bathmat to use. (Like I said, you have to bring a lot of accoutrements if you're going to be there more than a day or two.)

The room sleeps 4, but I can't imagine trying to co-exist with 3 other people in that space. All in all, though, it was more comfortable than a tent. I'm done with sleeping on the ground. I would stay there again, but only for 2 people.

It is very close to the entry station for Arches NP, and the view from the campground is awesome. We could see the feature called The Spectacles from our cabin. It lights up well at both sunrise and sunset, so keep your camera handy. Moab is just a few miles away, too, beyond the Park.

They have tent and RV spaces, too. I'm sure they fill up quickly. It's a great location and a pretty nice facility overall.

Room Tip: Two of the basic cabins have sliding glass doors, which gives you more light. If you have the option...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank oregongirl12

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our family goes to Moab every Easter for the Jeep safari. It wasn't until a few years ago we found this place, ever since then we stay here every year. We have always stayed in the double cabins, which have a full size bed and either a twin or twin bunks. They have their own bathroom and shower, a kitchenette that has a sink, mini fridge and microwave. They have heat and air conditioning. Linens are provided. These cabins are small but really all we do in there is sleep, shower and get ready. Outside of each cabin you have your own parking space, a charcoal grill and a picnic table. We've also had friends and family who have tent camped here and I haven't heard any complaints from them. For the campers there are restroom facilities, they have individual bathrooms that have a sink, toilet and shower which is so much nicer than a "group bathroom/shower". They have a little convince store, and I mean little but is good for necessities and maybe some coffee or ice. I've read other reviews on here where people are complaining about it being too far out of town, it's really not that far. Other people in their reviews also complained about the highway, again we were in a cabin but I've never heard noise from that. The people complaining about the location should look into other places to stay in a cabin in town... I have not found a place as nice and clean for this price in town. My one complaint is that to have a fire you have to bring your own pit. No pit, no fire! Which is a real pain to haul all the way to moab with you. Overall we love this place and will continue to call it home for our annual Jeep Safari.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jesault
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for a three day weekend during Outerbike (mountain bike festival). Friendly staff, clean facilities and amazing views of the La Sal Mountain range. The double cabin had two comfortable beds with linens, fridge, microwave, sink, toilet, shower and heater. Can't beat a warm shower after a long day of biking! Mountain bike trails within riding distance from cabins:

Mag Seven Area (7-up, Bull Run, Getaway, Great Escape, Gold Bar, Arths, etc.)
Bar-M Trails (Maverick, Rockin A, Deadman Ridge, Sidewinder, etc.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank suzbike6
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I paid for a 2 night stay in the tent section of this mostly rv park. could not get any damn sleep as I heard every semi truck on highway 191 through the night not to mention the whole place is gravel and you can hear everyone walking to the restrooms! I checked out the next morning and was not givin a refund for the next night. $23 a night for a tent! I asked if I could at least get a couple bags of ice (frozen water) for free to compensate and was told no! there was also no toilet paper in the bathrooms! the wifi sucked balls! when I logged in a Trojan virus immediately attacked my computer. this place sucks!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank brian p
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Arch View is mostly an RV Camp like many others in the area, but they also have cabins, most of them small and simple, but if you are lucky (= if you book by time!) you can stay in a fantastic cabin: the "Casa Bonita"!
I enjoyed it a lot twice with my family. It is small but equipped with everything you need: a bedroom, a full kitchen, a small living with TV, the bathroom, on the upper floor an extra space for two more beds ... not really a bedroom, but for your sons it is perfect (anyway also two adults can sleep there). Outside there's a porch closed by mosquito-nets, the bbq, and an outdoor table.
The owners are very kind.
From the cabin you can see 3 arches in the distance (Arches national Park), there is a gas station and a small food market, in front of the office there's a lot of hummingbirds. At the entrance an ancient small church.
It is located just in front of the road that takes to Dead Horse Point and the Canyonlands (Island in the Sky area), Moab is just 4 miles east, and the entrance to Arches park is midway.
My suggestion: do not stop there for less than 5 days!!!

Room Tip: Book the cabin called "Casa Bonita", it is fantastic!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marco P
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It is super noisy. It is right next to a busy highway. If you think you can pull off to the side of the highway and sleep with trucks speeding by you all night, then this is the place for you. My wife and I booked this place for 3 nights while visiting Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point, because of the location. After the first night, we knew it was a bad idea. We could not sleep at all because of all the highway noise. We asked for a refund for the remaining unused nights and were told by the lowly workers at the check in desk that only the owner could give a refund and unfortunately she was gone for the week. Plus we were told that she never gives refunds. Which was true, she never returned our phone calls and we were not given a refund for the remaining unused nights.

Also, the WI-FI did not work. I was able to connect to the router with the password they gave us, but then it wouldn't do anything. So there was no internet. What a joke this place was.

My suggestion is to drive to Moab and drive up the road next to the Colorado river and find a BLM site. They were nice, quiet at night and as a plus had beautiful scenery. That is what we ended up doing for the remaining 2 nights.

Let me repeat. Do not stay here. Move on to a different place and count yourself lucky that you missed this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James L
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This RV site is in a great location close to Arches National Park but that's about all it has going for it. We were totally frustrated and disappointed in it. First, at check in when we asked for the wife password we were told "we don't charge extra for it so if it works, it works". Uh, what?! That's terrible service off the bat and of course the wifi didn't work. they shouldn't advertise that they have it if it's terrible and they don't maintain it. Second disappointment was the "pool" - really an oversize bathtub - it was literally about 6 feet by 8 feet so it felt crowded with 6 kids in it...and there are 86 sites here so it's clearly way too small. Third disappointment was that there was a grill, not a fire pit. We like to cook with wood, not charcoal, so we drove 10 miles into Moab to a restaurant instead. Oh,and this RV park told us there was a statewide ban on fires, whereas other places we stayed inUtah did not say that. Oh, and the playground is just a few swings in the blazing sun so our kids didn't even use it.

Room Tip: we were in site 15 which was close to the store and pool but all the sites are just gravel and very...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family