“Clean and Friendly”

Bowen Motel
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Moab
“Clean and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my 3 night stay here. No complaints. The room was clean and the staff was amazingly friendly and helpfully. Close to everything. Why do I need two hundred characters to leave a review. I don't have anything else to say

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeramiec2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I enjoy staying in small, private motels on my road trips through the west. Usually the funkier the neon sign, the better. Quality always varies, but the experience is always fun. Bowen was a cut above many I have stayed in in the past. The room was cleaner, the TV a good sized flat screen, there were ample towels, good wifi, and the pillows were very soft. Plus, it was centrally located, and they took my Goldendoodle. The only down side, was you could hear every footstep of the people upstairs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor so you don't have to hear people walking upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jazger
Craig, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I just stayed here on my way from Phoenix to Colorado. The staff was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have recommended this motel to my family and will definitely stay here whenever in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Atwater, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had read all the reviews during the past year as I planned my trip to Moab Some said it was too close to the highway and some said it was this or that.

I found it to be very comfortable and a good place to stay. The prices are not as high as most of the big chain motels in town but the price is fair for a good room and a good night's sleep. As many have said, you are here to see the sights and not live in the motel.

I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back to this beautiful location.

T I gave it a 4 in service is the clerk in the office seemed to forget I was a "guest." Just seemed cold and going through tred to what I had heard before.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was not expecting to like this motel. If you've been to Moab, you know it's not known for fancy food and lodging. Many places were sold out, we needed a pet room and this older motel was available, so we booked it based on availability and reviews on tripadvisor.

I LOVED this motel. You know how you stay at a motel and think, they should have done this or that to make the room better? The Bowen did it. I loved that there were enough hooks to put towels on. I loved the coffee maker had decent coffee. I loved the bed. I loved that we stayed in a pet room that was so clean, I wasn't afraid of the carpets. I am generally phobic about walking on carpets in motels, but was unafraid to take my shoes off. The sheets were clean, the towels fluffy, and plenty of pillows you could use (another pet peeve of mine, lousy pillows). They have paid attention to detail, and we really appreciated it.

Did I mention clean? Clean. Very clean.

We used the pool, and really appreciated the outdoor wash area (for bikes and dogs; after desert hiking, our dog needed it). It is in the middle of town, restaurants and stores all right there, very convenient. Staff was very nice. We wish all of the motels (and hotels) in Moab were as cared for as this one, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ColoradoPetLover
Sherman Oaks, & Aust
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Cleanliness, bed comfort, functionality of facilities, quiet, parking convenient to our room, spacious rooms, Wi-Fi, good range of cable channels, price competitive and friendly responsive staff - these are the criteria by which we judge our accommodation. Spending around half each year in your hotels, we've worked out what makes our stay enjoyable and what doesn't.
We are not seeking luxury. We do not rate breakfast as none is adequate in terms of our needs.
The Bowen Motel ticks all the boxes. If your key criteria match ours, look no further.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester Basin, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights October 2013 and liked this motel alot. Served purposes just fine, room was efficient and clean for an older property,parking is good but can get fairly tight at night once everyone is checked in. You can walk to everything in town from the motel, post office adjacent, great coffee shoppes, gift shoppes, restaurants... etc .. staff are friendly and aim to please. I paid $ 71.00 a night mid October ( booked 6 months in advance ) but could have received a better rate by simply walking in as overheard some dealings at the front desk while on the lobby computer. There are several chain hotels in Moab but I was happy to have chosen The Bowen.
Everything within the room worked just fine, the bathroom was a bit tight but managable. I had no issues whatsoever and would recommend and would definately stay again, beautiful place and so close to Arches, Canyonlands amd my favourite Dead Horse Point State Park, magical location. I was 4 rooms in from the road and was not at all bothered by road noise at night, daytime the road is quite busy however.

Room Tip: ground floor is more convenient, drive up rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo