“One nite stay”
Review of Bowen Motel

Bowen Motel
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel was fine for the overnite stay that we did. It is older but the room was clean and decently quiet. I think for the fee we paid it was good value as there wasn't anything really spectacular about the room. Your basic bed, bathroom and TV. Dont think we would stay here for any length of time other than a short stop over.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and relatively updated for the price. I would absolutely stay here again. I have paid a lot more and gotten much worse in Moab. Excellent value. Nice sized refrigerator in room, a place to clean bikes, nice TV. Perfect location.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had a small bit of difficulty booking through the Bowen website and Ginger was INCREDIBLY helpful and friendly in helping us resolve the situation. When the Bowen Motel didn't have a room she even helped us get another place to match the Bowen's rate. Fortunately we were able to stay one night. Very clean, quiet, good location, freshly painted... And great price. Would definitely come here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Motel is really 2.5 stars. We stayed in the three bedroom apartment that the Bowen Motel offers. The pros, it was conveniently located, slept 8, had two bathrooms, full kitchen, in room laundry, spacious, directv in each bedroom, and new large flatscreen televisions. That's a lot of pros for us. The cons, the motel did not offer cribs for babies, the sofa was so dirty in our suite that we had to cover it with towels as to reduce the "ick" factor, our living room clearly had not been vacuumed as it had debris from the prior guest, walls were in desperate need of a coat of paint as there were very badly scuffed and marked up, and the pot holders in the kitchen were so filthy I laundered them myself. On the whole I would probably stay there again, solely because the size was great for my family of six. We stayed at the winter rate, anyone paying for the summer rate for a room in that condition would be getting robbed blind.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arainna F
Tyson L, General Manager at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

My apologies for the apartment not being cleaned to your satisfaction, I am currently looking into the validity of your statements. I am pleased to know that you would be willing to give another chance, I promise it will be up to par. Note: cribs and roll cots are not available because we receive more complaints about them being uncomfortable or not safe enough for their child. We have found that more people would rather lay an air mattress down or bring their own safe crib. this is the first comment I remember in years.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Not a fabulous motel, but JUST RIGHT in busy, crowded Moab. Center downtown, perfect location, clean and nice people. Happy to have chosen this place to spend 2 nites when passing through to visit Arches and local friends. Be sure to visit the Diner and the Brewery when in town.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The Bowen is a fine little place. The rooms are comfortable. Hot water, comfortable beds, microwave and refrigerator. We had a great flat screen tv with directv. I could scan the guide with the remote and select from the menu. I haven't seen this option in all my travels. This was a great addition to help relax after a long bike ride. The Bowen is located on the main drag and I heard traffic every now and then but this won't detour me from staying here again. This motel may become my mainstay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my 3 night stay here. No complaints. The room was clean and the staff was amazingly friendly and helpfully. Close to everything. Why do I need two hundred characters to leave a review. I don't have anything else to say

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends