“Unanswered help request”

Ranked #3 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Moab
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Unanswered help request”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently stayed here for 6 nights. I went to the office on the first night when I coudn't connect to the internet. Of course it connected in the office and the router is on the roof. They informed me to connect to the other router located in the park on a cabin. The entire time I WAS NOT able to connect. I called several times to inform them of the continued problem. As far as I'm concerned they made no effort to help me and I believe they hung up on me. If the phone connection was lost, they could have come to my campsite to help me. I had to hot spot my phone and now will have excess charges on my cell phone bill. I think there is a real lack of caring at this park. And the dogs here are out of control, dog crap and barking never stopped.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellen k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My family and I were on a week long vacation traveling around Colorado and Utah. We only stayed in Moab at the RV park for two nights but it was a great two night stay.

This park is clean and safe and in a great location. Our cabins were close to the playground, pool and the bathrooms which was perfect (we have 2 little kids). The bathrooms were perfectly clean and there were plenty of stalls, etc. so you didn't have to wait.

We didnt have any expectations about the cabins but we were pleasantly surprised; clean, comfortable, already made beds and AC. We couldn't ask for anything more!

The location and scenery were great. We were close to everything in town and Arches and you couldn't ask for a better view.

All around a great experience for everyone in my family! We would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and when/if we come back to Moab, were staying here!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Molly M
MoabValleyMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
We thank you for choosing to stay with us! Our goal is to provide a clean, safe place for people to relax during their travels. So happy that we were able to be a great experience during your already fabulous vacation. We hope to see you again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed in Cottage #3 for 3 nights. The cottage is very small, but fine for 2 people. The cottages are in the area where the RV's are parked. It sleeps 3, but it's really too small for 3. Cottage was clean and adequate for our needs. It is stocked with clean towels and linens, shampoo and soap. The refrigerator did not work upon arrival, but was fixed quickly after notifying the staff. Pool was nice and clean, plenty of chairs for relaxing. Overall, we found the resort to be clean, quiet and a good value. In fact, we'll probably stay here again instead of a hotel next time we're in Moab.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I spent two nights in the most basic cabin...inluding AC, electricity, beds (no bedding, we used sleeping bags). Cute exterior with picnic table, charcoal grill, and parking spot. Not fancy. Th benefits were: closest lodging to Arches, large clean free showers and bathrooms, parking righ next to cabin. I would stay here again but would pay extra for cabin with bedding and kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MOBTD10
colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The owners really took the time of listening to our needs and giving us a great stay while we were in Moab, UT. Nice clean Cabins, clean beds, TV with Cable channels, Community Bathrooms/Showers/Dish washing sinks, Pool, Hot tub and most of all AC! On top of all that, the customer service from the owners and friendly staff was top notch. We really didn't need anything else. I'll be staying here again when I'm Moab in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two days in a cabin and i was not disappointed. Travelled with kids age 3 and 7 so their comfort was a primary consideration. They loved the mini playground and the pool, i think it's great for kids who patiently toured the national parks with their parents.. We stayed in the standard cabin. I thought it was decently sized with a separate queen bed and bunk beds. The AC was a huge help cooling us down as it was so hot during daytime. On our second day, the AC was unusually warm, we almost called the Office to ask for a different cabin but we read the instructions beside the AC unit which indicated that the condenser had frozen up... Followed the instructions and after 10-15 mins, it was blowing cool air again. Restl/bathroomswere clean and adequate.We would stay here again the next time we visit Moab.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank lotsky28
MoabValleyMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Moab. We know that traveling with children can sometimes be difficult, which is why we have fun equipment for kids to play on to get rid of some of their crazy energy! So pleased that you enjoyed the A/C, it is a necessity during the heat. We hope to see you again!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a very nice campground -- clean, well-maintained and secure (i.e. you need a keycard to enter the property). The canopy over each site is wonderful given the hot summer sun. HOWEVER --- I was given a campsite next to a family with a screaming baby. Although there is a "quiet time", the family did not pay any attention to this and was loud and made no attempt to quiet the baby. I was unable to get any sleep until sometime after midnight. The baby then started crying again sometime around 5am. When I complained to management while checking out, the response was very indifferent. Although I have stayed here a number of times over the past, I will not stay here again. I believe that management has changed from a couple of years ago and this may be the reason for the indifference.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get placed near a family with children and/or babies!