“Great stay depending on your needs”
Review of Red Stone Inn

Red Stone Inn
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Depending upon your needs, the Red Stone can be a fantastic stay. We needed a place to crash while we hiked, biked and enjoyed the splendor of Moab with our dogs. The Red Stone Inn was a great place to accommodate our needs. Pros: inexpensive, walking distance to the heart of dowtown Moab, pet friendly. Cons: small rooms, can be noisy. Also, if you bring dogs you must sign a pet waiver stating you will not keep pets unaccompanied in your room or they can take them to the pound if you violate this policy. Probably standard for all pet friendly places, but we hoped we could at least leave them for dinner. We didn't risk this; wasn't really a problem for us since it wasn't very hot, but something to consider if you have dogs.

If you are looking for a classy resort and plan on spending a lot of time in your room, you might want to go elsewhere. We mainly used the Red Stone as a place to sleep and it was perfect for that.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Older style roadside motel located just outside the old downtown area on main street. Rustic western feel at the right price for sleeping and showering when hiking, biking or four wheeling in Moab. Outdoor barbeque and indoor hot tubs where popular with many guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This place was terrible from start to finish. They quoted us much less money than they charged us in te end which was one of the worst parts! The room smelled like cigarette smoke terribly! The room, with all the lights on, was not light enough to find which jacket was which hanging on the door. the coffee machine was broken. there were dead bugs on the floor. They allowes a camper van to set up in the parking lot righ outside our room, and let their kids play in the parking lot like it was a back yard. They were rolling around on scooters whenever we pulled in and nearly hit them on several occasions. They even lit a "campfire" in the handicapped space one night! The worst part was that they did nopt allow us an early check out despite a family medical emergency. It was a miserable trip because of this motel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cstillman
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Advertised as "the best deal in Moab", I have to agree. The price is good for a simple room. The room is small and dated, but clean. It has nice small kitchen area (fridge, microwave, coffee). The walls are pretty thin. You can hear everything in the hallway and in your neighbor's rooms. When I go to Moab I usually spend all my time exploring and am only in my hotel room to sleep. This hotel fits the bill for the least amount of money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JERRY B
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My friend & I planned to go backpacking but had to change plans when temps dipped to single digits at night so we found the Red Stone Inn while driving through town. It was simple and perfect for what we needed, plus an amazing deal. Off season rates are phenomenal. The little kitchenette was wonderful...a sink, mini fridge, coffee pot & small microwave. That was wonderful considering we had brought food for the long weekend and didn't have a way to really cook.
The bed was really comfy and the sheets were nice and clean. If you need a nice little place to stay, this is perfect. Plus, the hot tub was a delight. It was large and warm and the room felt a lot like a sauna which I thought was nifty.
I'd rather camp than stay at hotels but would absolutely stay here again if I came back and wasn't able to camp. Fabulous place :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SierraKim
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Stone Inn. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well kept. The rooms have a rustic wood interior which gives the feeling of a cozy backwoods cabin. We looked at several other options in the area and for the money this was the best choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travellin_Man12
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I had a coupon for $20 off the price. The coupon said "no blackout dates, good any time." I tried to use the coupon when I checked in (I was traveling in February 2012). I was told they would not honor it - it was only good when their rates were at the maximum. I will never stay there again and I usually visit Moab two or three times a year. PS: The lights were so dim I could not see to read. The heater did not heat the room to a reasonable temperature.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.