“Awesome Experience”
Review of Red Stone Inn

Red Stone Inn
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is such a charming and quaint establishment. The staff is amazing. I appreciate staying in a place that really caters to their guests. I have stayed here before and I LOVE the new updates. Monica and Shanna were particularly helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Reasonably priced, clean, and easy to access.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the main thoroughfare.
1  Thank Michelle B

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here M-Thurs as is usually our choice for travel days as is usually more affordable and quieter days to travel. From the very start we found this a great place . From the ease of checking in to the help with extra pillows and even a toaster, we were very satisfied. My girlfriend particularly liked the smell of clean, in the room corridor and hallways. The conveniences of the small kitchenette with kitchen utensils microwave ,small frig, comfortable clean bed and crisp clean linens,an up to date channel guide including hbo. Sometimes the small things matter most, in this case it all mattered. A nice retreat after a long day of site seeing & hiking . The rooms are small but quaint and very clean and orderly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had an end room away from bike wash area and away from jacuzzi which may be why we did not have a...
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms are a bit small, but very clean and comfortable, and we were not in them. The staff really went out of the way to make the most of our Moab stay. I would stay here if you want the extra TLC. Monica is so amazing, as well as all the staff: friendly, professional, and helpful. I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Unpleasant, cramped room smelling of dog. Not clean, not quiet, not nice. Moab was super busy otherwise we would have made ourselves scarce. Other than that it's a lovely little town and the trip on the Colorado at sunset was unforgettable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RSI3500, General Manager at Red Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We will take your opinion seriously and make any changes possible. We hope you will return to Moab soon, if we can be of any assistance please let us know. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The room was dark and very small, we could smell it as soon as we entered it. We had very little room for our bags or for us to move around in. The kitchen had a fridge and microwave, but the sink area had been well used. The shower did not smell very clean. We found it very noisy at night, we could hear everything, including dogs. The lights were very dim, possibly so you can't see how grubby it really is. The only redeeming feature was the clean towels, and the proximity to the centre of town. We ate in a very good restaurant, which made up for the poor accommodation. Apart from the disappointing motel, Arches National Park was amazing. Canyonlands was very impressive and an easy drive away. We enjoyed an evening river cruise, which I would also recommend. It turned out to be an expensive stay for us, as we were not aware of the jeep festival held every year and all accommodation was expensive. If you don't mind roughing it or camping, this motel would be ok for you. This motel needs a complete renovation, if it wants to continue advertising as it does so now on a number of websites. The hot tub needs a complete renovation too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian G

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We really try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We will take your opinion seriously and make some changes to improve our property. We hope you will return to Moab , if we can be of any assistance please let us know. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a week's stay at this Inn. It is centrally located in Moab. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally helpful with advice about directions, restaurants, places to go, and even made reservations for us at one of the attractions.
The kitchenette is really just a microwave and bar refrig. with 2 each of plates, spoons, forks, knives, bowls, cups, and glasses. However, that was enough for us to have cereal each morning and to make sandwiches for our hikes, plus to store a cold beer or soda for our return each afternoon.
The hot tub was perfect after a long day of hiking.
And the price is right!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank albacore

We are so happy to hear you were happy with your stay. We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We hope you will return to Moab soon. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

After traveling all day I just wanted to rest and that did not happen here. Our room was right next to the lobby and public bathroom, so we could hear people all night. The vertical blinds do a horrific job of blocking out light. You need to stuff the extra blanket in there, especially because it's right next to a gas station, so you will see high beams across your wall all night. Also, this room was noisy because it is next to the freeway. We heard semis rumbling down the street at all hours. I highly suggest using a white noise machine or app, or if you have the luxury of taking out hearing aids, do so. The room itself was roughly twice the size of my car. There were 6 inches between the bed and wall, 18 inches between the two beds, and another 6 inches from the other bed to the wall. I felt completely claustrophobic there. The bed was not comfortable, and the pillow did a number on my neck. I now have torticollis. Also, the housekeeper comes really early, so put your sign out or she will wake you up.
On the plus side, they are all floor units which was good for my grandparents. Also, the kitchenette and bathroom are nice. I think if our room had been on a different part of the property we would have slept somewhat better. I also liked being able to watch HBO. I would have enjoyed it more if I had a room with a single bed, not sure if they offer those. The front desk staff was nice.
All in all, I was MAD at my sister for booking this hotel, and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room right next to the gas station. Try to find a room near the bottom of the U s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MomOf4Kidlets

We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We will take your opinion seriously and make any changes possible. If you would consider staying with us again in the future, we would be sure to put you in a room back away from the main street. Thanks again for the review.