“Wonderful experience”

Windgate Adventures
Ranked #21 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Join Windgate Adventures for Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, Rappelling, Fiery Furnace Hiking or National Park Photography Tours (Arches and Canyonlands). We have trip suited from beginner to advanced, families, friends and groups. We will show you a unique experience that you will be talking about for years.
Covington, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Thank you Eric for a wonderful Fiery Furnace tour! My family loved it. We also loved the canyoneering - Entrajo! Eric is knowledgable, fun and really good with kids. He makes sure everyone is having a good time and everyone stays safe. Thanks Eric - hope to see you again on a future trip to Moab.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Canyoneering Entrajo”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

WOW! What a fantastic time we had with Eric. This is our first time visiting Moab and what a great way to be introduced to the area. Our hike and rappelling trip was through a beautiful red rock area. It was a very quite area with few other people around. We climbed over and through rocks to get to slots and overlooks. Eric is so knowledgable about the flora and fauna. He pointed out mountain lion tracks near watering holes and black widow webs in crevices. Eric is also a patient and extremely helpful guide. We are a family of four. My husband and I have two boys, ages 9 and 12. Our younger son was a little nervous about the rappeling and Eric helped to make him feel calm and focus. Our little guy ended up just LOVING the trip. He and our older son both said that this was the best adventure they have ever done... and they want to do it again!
This trip was a fantastic time and a wonderful way for a family to spend the day together. Thanks Eric!!

1 Thank sandramarie2013
Ankeny, Iowa
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Outstanding Private Photo Tour of Arches National Park”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked a private photo tour with Windgate Adventures because I wanted to be able to find the best places to capture the beauty of Arches National Park at sunrise and sunset. Eric is the owner of the company as well as a very talented landscape photographer. In addition to being my guide, he also was a very patient teacher. Eric knows the area well, and he has an artistic eye to see the arches in a very unique perspective. Throughout the sunrise and sunset tour, we were both on the hunt to find the the most interesting compositions with strong foreground, mid-ground, and background. Most of my favorite images from the tour were compositions that Eric spotted and called me over to look at. As expected, I walked away with many of the classic photos such as the Turret Arch framed inside the North Window. Unexpected was all of the unique photos capturing the park's plant life with the arches in the background. These are the images that I will cherish the most from my photo tour.

It was a pleasure getting to know Eric over the 9 hours we were out and about. He truly has a passion for photography, which also made him the ideal photo guide. I highly recommend taking both the sunrise and sunset tours on the same day.

I have taken multiple private photo tours in different locations, and this one ranks right at the top. If you are serious about getting some unique images of the arches, this is the tour for you.

4 Thank Dave-in-Iowa
Medicine Hat, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Amazing Entrajo Canyon experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked with Eric at Windgate based on positive word of mouth and was not disappointed with this tour. despite my big old clumsiness as i scampered over rocks and climped up passages, Eric was patient and i felt more than save in his experienced hands. The Entrajo Canyon is a special place, and somewhere i could have never found myself. Starting early our small group of 4 had it to ourselves for most of the time - definitely beat the crowds we saw behind us. All the climbing and shimmying and walking in the heat was worth it once we got to the repelling which was incredibly fun. i wanted to do the 125 ft rappel immediately again. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with Windgate.

Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Eric made our trip to Moab amazing. He took us to Entrajo Canyon for canyoneering, to Fiery Furnace hiking, and rock climbing. The first two trips were with a group and included a wide age range (age 10 - 50+). Our kids are older (17 and 22) and Eric made the trip fun, exciting, interesting, and challenging for all. He is so well informed and shares his knowledge of the area wildlife, plant life, geological features, etc in a casual and interesting way. He makes it exciting and fun, but never compromises safety. This was especially true rock climbing. Climbing cliffs and rappelling down is by its nature dangerous. Eric's experience and careful attention to climbers made it possible for our group to take advantage of challenging climbs while feeling confident. We have gone on many "adventure" tours - whitewater rafting, hiking, and climbing and Eric is among the best. Can't go wrong with booking with Windgate Adventures. Outstanding!