“Gorgeous, comfortable, and a bargain!”
Review of Red Cliffs Lodge

Red Cliffs Lodge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is just an amazing place to stay if you are in the area. It is about a 15-20 minute very scenic drive from Arches. We stayed with our 17 month old and it was nice because the room has a separate kitchen area where we could keep the crib. They will charge 20$ for a crib so take the pack and play if you have room! The views from the room are gorgeous. The walls between rooms are a bit thin and we could hear the toddler next door to us banging around in the room. The food at the restaurant was great. We actually ate Thanksgiving there and while it was a bit unorganized it was a great overall meal. Breakfast buffet was pretty good and we got boxed lunches which were also good. The price is right too! I thought it was worth much more than we paid!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,974)

Reviewed 12 November 2009

I decided to stay at Red Cliffs Lodge over Sorrel River Ranch, its pricey upscale competitor located a few miles down the Colorado River, and I am glad I did. Red Cliffs is unpretentious, pristine, and cozy with stunning views overlooking the river and majestic red rock mountains. We put the money we saved on accommodations into fantastic activities--horseback riding, hummer tour, guided hiking tour of Arches' Fiery Furnace, and more. Dinner at Red Cliffs is standard fare, nothing fancy. Steak, baked potato, salad, etc. We tried dinner at Sorrel River and had one of our best meals in Moab. Our entrees-- wonderfully tender duck and pistachio encrusted salmon were both gorgeously presented. Stay at the Red Cliffs, but for a nice change of pace for dinner check out Sorrel River.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DomenicaA
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This was our third stay at the Red Cliffs Lodge. It was wonderful as always and we are looking forward to heading back next year!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleC2
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Well, my husband and I spent 4 nights at the Red Cliffs Lodge as part of of honeymoon!! We checked in at about 7pm on a Thursday night and we were in AWE when we saw our cabin! Charlie, my husband, was in charge of all of the honeymoon arrangements, and boy did did he do good!
Our back porch was backed right up to the bank of the Colorado River. We had an AMAZING view for both sunrise and sunset, with the sun bouncing off of the cliff's sides making the most amazing colors and figures on the cliffs!
We ate our breakfast as the sun rose higher on the cliff's sides on the back porch of the Cowboy Grill, with the sounds of the river splashing and bubbling, they were truly magical meals, and what a great way to start the day off.
We spent the day hiking through the Aches National Park (which was right on the other bank of the river). When we were done doing that we had a wonderful meal at the Cowboy Grill. Charlie had the fillet and I had the buffalo (which I had never eaten before) the buffalo was the most tender piece of meat that I had ever eaten.....it was more tender than Charlie's fillet! The seasoning was awesome! I had to try the wine, after all, "when in Rome". I had the Lily Rose White, it was delicious!! It was so good I even risked packing a bottle in my suitcase for the flight home! We plan to drink it on one of our anniversaries! As we were leaving we saw a few people gathered around the campfire with their guitars singing, it was so cool!
On one of the afternoons that we spent at the lodge and driving around we decided to have the Cowboy Lunch, it was GREAT, too! Cash was playing in the background and the grill master was doing what he does, the chili had just the right amount of heat to it, the wind was whipping pretty good that day, so it was nice to have that bit of heat. After lunch we went to the winery and tasted their wines ( it is free noon-6pm). They were all good, I am not a fan of reds, but they were good to me too! We even brought an extra bottle as a gift for Charlie's mother!
The only 2 complaints that I have are 1- The trip was way too short and 2- I think that the breakfast should be included. Other than that, it was truly a magical time for us!
I am hoping that next time we can go horseback riding there! There will be a next time for us for sure!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amberstarlite
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We stayed here for two nights in July.
The room was clean and very comfortable, and the bonus was that the Colorado River was just a few feet from our patio.

The staff were very friendly, and we enjoyed two evening meals in the restaurant - and
what a view from the restaurant - magnificent.

We also loved the little museum in the Lodge.

It's under 20 miles from Red Cliffs to Moab and around the same to the entrance to Arches NP.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gorcat
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed at this resort as part of a group tour. We stayed in a King room, which included a kitchenette. Our patio was about 15 feet from the Colorado River. The bed was comfortable and the hotel staff was attentive. I would gladly stay here again, if my travels took me to Moab

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Room 307.....the view from our patio onto the Colorado River on a cool, clear crisp October evening (and morning) was absolutely stunning! This Lodge is BEAUTIFUL and the service incredible (fromt the check-in, to the the morning breakfast, to dinner, to the wine tasting (we bought a case) at the Castle Creek Winery. Our only wish?....that we would've stayed more then the 2 nights. Just fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple