“Wonderful place cannot wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Cliffs Lodge

Red Cliffs Lodge
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Moab
denver
“Wonderful place cannot wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2009

This lodge is the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. Perfect when you need to get away from it all. I have stayed numerous times and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank delightfulsuprise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Korean first
america
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

Hi, and MERRY CHRISTMAS (almost)
I am FINALLY taking time and sending this, I've been meaning to since we returned from our stay at your WONDERFUL lodge back on Friday 11/13.
My husband and i were in Cabin, um, ah, ?? and the "kids" were in another Cabin two doors down.
I just cannot tell you how very enjoyable it was. We are already making plans with the out of state family for this coming spring.
i do not relax well (work-a-holic) but that saturday morning, i bundled up in the spa towels, made a cup of coffee, sat out on the deck and listened to the roaring river, watched the cumulous clouds floating up and down the face of the cliff, and actually RELAXED while reading my mystery novel.
thank you to the cleaning staff, to the grounds staff, and mostly to the very nice blonde woman who checked us in on friday, and checked us out on saturday.
i can't remember her name, but she was WONDERFUL.
ok, enough gushing, i'd better get back to work, but honestly, i've traveled the world over, and this was one of the nicest experiances i've had. Thank you so much!!

2 Thank nancelu
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed here at the Red Cliffs Lodge in October while in Moab. The location directly on the Colorado River drew me in and I was pleased to see our room was in fact right there, though it was a little musty. The only thing--I called ahead for rates and mentioned I had a 20% off stay coupon and inquired as to whether it would be honored. Two different people on two different days quoted me the same rate and assured me that I would be able to use the coupon (this hotel costs substantially more than most in Moab to stay in). Upon arrival my coupon was refused saying the rate was discounted (the rate was the same quoted over the phone twice and published on the internet)!!!!! Needless to say I was not pleased!!! Proceed to dinner that night and the food is overpriced and overrated, we sat in the bar because there was nothing available in the dining room and unfortunately the bar maid was moonlighting as our quazi waitress, which I can tell you did not work out well. I ordered my steak well and it was mooing and somone in my party ordered their steak medium and it was a hockey puck. Mistakes happen, but when I brought it to her attention she could not be bothered and was frankly too overwhelmed to fix it. Overhaul the service and this place could be lovely given its perfect location and laid back feeling. Will think twice before recommending...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank roundtripwanted
Miami Beach, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

You feel the beauty of the cliffs when you look up, it is so amazing to be a part of nature in such a special way that you feel you can reach out and touch the cliffs. WE truly enjoyed our stay, everything was perfect form the room being oversized and extremely clean, to the restaurant being quite tastey, to the scenery being spectacular.

1 Thank coco3484
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is just an amazing place to stay if you are in the area. It is about a 15-20 minute very scenic drive from Arches. We stayed with our 17 month old and it was nice because the room has a separate kitchen area where we could keep the crib. They will charge 20$ for a crib so take the pack and play if you have room! The views from the room are gorgeous. The walls between rooms are a bit thin and we could hear the toddler next door to us banging around in the room. The food at the restaurant was great. We actually ate Thanksgiving there and while it was a bit unorganized it was a great overall meal. Breakfast buffet was pretty good and we got boxed lunches which were also good. The price is right too! I thought it was worth much more than we paid!

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

I decided to stay at Red Cliffs Lodge over Sorrel River Ranch, its pricey upscale competitor located a few miles down the Colorado River, and I am glad I did. Red Cliffs is unpretentious, pristine, and cozy with stunning views overlooking the river and majestic red rock mountains. We put the money we saved on accommodations into fantastic activities--horseback riding, hummer tour, guided hiking tour of Arches' Fiery Furnace, and more. Dinner at Red Cliffs is standard fare, nothing fancy. Steak, baked potato, salad, etc. We tried dinner at Sorrel River and had one of our best meals in Moab. Our entrees-- wonderfully tender duck and pistachio encrusted salmon were both gorgeously presented. Stay at the Red Cliffs, but for a nice change of pace for dinner check out Sorrel River.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DomenicaA
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2009

This was our third stay at the Red Cliffs Lodge. It was wonderful as always and we are looking forward to heading back next year!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family