“Well Above Average”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place to stop....clean and comfortable and super-convenient to Arches National Park. Both nights we stayed there, we arrived hot and completely worn out from hiking the park but we found the pool and the hot tub just a little bit of heaven. The place appears to by rather new and it's well maintained. I would also consider the breakfast a bit above average as well. for the area, the HIE is a good value. You won't go wrong.

Room Tip: We were in the back...probably quieter that near the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kent-Debbie E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is very close to Arches National Park. The staff were very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. Even though I didn't use it, I could see they had a nice pool. The breakfast was typical HI Express fare. The wi-fi speed was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dnumme
Reviewed 17 June 2014

During my recent visit to Moab and the national parks in the area, I chose HIE as my home base. This facility was fairly new and updated. The lodging price was slightly higher for a typical HIE, but being near Arches/Canyonlands I expected it to be so. It sits midway between Moab and Arches so traveling back and forth from the park to food, etc did not take very long.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked my trip to Moab somewhat last minute (about a month before going), and found that the ranches and B&Bs in the area were all full. I needed a hotel for 4-5 days, and the HIE was one of the few reasonably priced available options at $165/night. It is very clean and well-maintained, and the beds and linens are very comfortable. I did not have an issue with noise even though a couple of busloads of tourists checked in a couple of days into my stay and some were in rooms next to mine. The free breakfast is great to load up on food to start the day since there are no food options outside Moab, and many restaurants do not open until lunchtime. The hotel is also next to Buck's Grill House, a popular restaurant that serves up excellent homestyle comfort food. It's about an 8 minute drive into downtown Moab for shopping and restaurants and 5 miles from Arches National Park. Overall a great stay, but if you book earlier you can probably get less expensive accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed one night in the 2 queen/sofa room. Location is really a plus as the hotel is near several trailheads. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was really good, especially when heading out for hikes in the morning. The kids loved the pool with the arch waterfall and we spent time visiting with other guests near the gas fire pit which was quite fantastic on a cool evening. Staff was friendly but not outstanding. Overall I would stay here again, however would like to see the price drop a bit. Seemed a little high but then again, welcome to Moab.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

All hotels in Moab are outrageous for this time of the year but worth it for the views. I'd rather pay more somewhere else where there isn't an elevator actually inside your room. The walls were paper thin. I could hear people walking down the stairs, opened and closing the door to the parking lot below us, and hear the chime of the elevator door clearly in the lobby. NEVER CHOOSE THE EXECUTIVE SUITE - there are two in the hotel and both have the elevator running through. The breakfast was the standard holiday inn type with everything cooked or heated in a microwave including the eggs. Go someplace else.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the execution king
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ItaliaTrip09
Doug V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us while in Moab. I would like to apologies for the any and all inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I have spoken with our staff to insure that in the future we will make our guests aware of the potential noise that could occur from our rooms next to the elevator. Once again I would like to apologies and hope that in the future you would give us a second chance to be a hotel that you would recommend.

Jeramy Day

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed 6 nights at this property while visiting Moab. When I arrived, it was before check-in time, but Wanda was nice enough to find me a room that is ready for check in. When I got to the room, I find it a little dark, because it was above the hotel entrance and the window was pretty much blocked by the front structure. There was little light coming in, and I thought it would be a good idea because I do night photography and will sleep during the day.

When I returned to the hotel to catch a nap before heading out for the night, I kept hearing these rumbling noises. They were loud and frequent and I knew that was trouble. The noise was coming from the auto sliding door underneath my room. As that was the main entrance, one can imagine how much opening and closing those doors will do throughout the day. Since I sleep during the day, that was pretty disturbing for me. That's the part I didn't appreciate about this hotel.

Otherwise, this hotel is well appointed, clean and staff are friendly. It's not a bad choice in the desert. In fact, it's a luxury out there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent N

I am so glad that our staff was able to assist you in getting into your room early. Thank you for staying with us while enjoying our beautiful scenery in Moab Utah. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our staff has now been informed that the room above the lobby should not be rented to day sleepers as it can be a touch noisy during the day. Once again thank you for staying with us and the next time you come to Moab we make sure to have the perfect room for your needs.

Jeramy Day