“Don't put the syrup in you pocket”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It was one of those day's, when it is going to be difficult and you just need to roll with it, Check-In was a nightmare, everyone was busy helping difficult customers with issues, somehow they got me checked in and on my way, the room was typical Holiday Inn, very nice, the pool looked great ,with an Arch. They offered water at check-in but did not have any so I picked it up in the morning. During breakfast I got the brilliant idea of putting the little syrup packet in my pocket, by the time I arrived at my table it had busted open and dumped syrup on my wallet and leg - my bad.

Room Tip: If you are heading North, get Gas and whatever you need before arriving at the hotel, there is nothi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab

Reviewed 29 June 2014

When Holiday Inn put in this hotel they was looking at everything, As always Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express deliver!!! The one reason for writing this review is the Pool area, They wasted no money on they area, it has waterfall and on the top of the water fall is fire flames, the kids lived it also there is 2 hot tubs and a fire pit -- A very nice area. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice284
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It would have been a great experience if it wasn't for getting a room at a level 'under' the parking lot, the room looking just under the front of cars, couldn't have the curtains open at any time, without being looked in. Very frustrating when all around this hotel there are amazing red canyons, you think you will have a view regardless which way it will face.... We tried to reason with the lady at the reception but she kept saying that she had no more rooms (even though we checked in just around 2pm) and all the rooms are reserved for groups, which she cannot split up. It spoiled a bit the 2 days we had in Moab. However, the Arches and Canyonlands national parks were just amazing, so we tried to forget about the hotel. Just be warned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Liliana C,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to know that our location worked for your needs. However, I am very sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the inconvenience of your room assignment. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel at the very last minute. I wasn't thrilled about the price ($200), but the hotel is exceptionally clean, the rooms are very updated and spacious. My room had a refrigerator which was a great addition. The bathroom was very well appointed, roomy, updated, and very clean. The staff was exceptionally nice, friendly, and helpful. Not sure if I'll ever make it back to Moab, but if I do, I would stay here again without question and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place to stop....clean and comfortable and super-convenient to Arches National Park. Both nights we stayed there, we arrived hot and completely worn out from hiking the park but we found the pool and the hot tub just a little bit of heaven. The place appears to by rather new and it's well maintained. I would also consider the breakfast a bit above average as well. for the area, the HIE is a good value. You won't go wrong.

Room Tip: We were in the back...probably quieter that near the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kent-Debbie E
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is very close to Arches National Park. The staff were very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. Even though I didn't use it, I could see they had a nice pool. The breakfast was typical HI Express fare. The wi-fi speed was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dnumme
Reviewed 17 June 2014

During my recent visit to Moab and the national parks in the area, I chose HIE as my home base. This facility was fairly new and updated. The lodging price was slightly higher for a typical HIE, but being near Arches/Canyonlands I expected it to be so. It sits midway between Moab and Arches so traveling back and forth from the park to food, etc did not take very long.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo