“Very Old :/”

River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The carpet was very dirty and old. The room had a bad smell. The staff was not very friendly. A charge of $25 per pet. I have stayed in better hotels with no pet charge. I didn't like this hotel at all!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Bebeca125
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Bebeca125: Thank you for your stay with us. We apologize our standard did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our department head to correct. We hope you were able to enjoy our convenient downtown location with your pet. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites is a serviceable hotel. While the lobby has been updated, the rooms could use some sprucing up. They do not offer breakfast, so keep that in mind. The junior suites are spacious enough, with a bar, sink, fridge, microwave, and cupboard space. The regular rooms are so small I would never stay in one again. It regularly offers cheaper prices than other hotels in Moab, especially in the off season.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are very small and cramped. The junior suites are spacious enough to be serviceab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Part of our week in Utah was spent touring Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. We spent a night at River Canyon Lodge. I have no big complaints. The rooms were rather sparse/plain. Need to be redecorated. They need better pillows. The front desk personnel were average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest, We are happy you stayed with us and had a good stay. We value your comments and look into improvements.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

In desperate need of upgrading, very worn out. I was disappointed that there was no in room coffee maker. They do brew coffee 24/7 in the lobby though. It was not my choice to stay here, but they did provide what was needed. The towels were stained and the room smelled weird, like some strong disinfectant. Price is good and on the positive side they are pet-friendly and mountain Bike friendly. I did not experience any problems with the staff as others in this forum. I thought they were friendly and accommodating. Perhaps they are exactly what others are looking for in a stay, just not my style.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Jon B: Thank you for your comments. We value your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with management for improvement plans. We are happy you recognized the good value our hotel offers to our guests.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt when writing a review. I was staying at a budget hotel in an adventure area of outdoors enthusiasts. I was not expecting much from a bargain establishment. What I was concerned about were the grumpy staff and management that really made the lower end amenities and facilities more apparent. I can not say many good things, because the experience left me scratching my head. My business was not welcome and I guess they have plenty of people to cover my return business to the area. I am sure other establishments could use the support.

Room Tip: The upper level seems best, it opens to either an alley or the front parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Needed a pet friendly hotel and this was the only one available in Moab. The room was clean but so small. No room to even change your mind. Downtown, close to everything. Older look, TV perched on top of a wardrobe was almost scary.. Mini fridge. Pet fee is $25 - more than most hotels

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The front desk guy was Great! Helped me and my Husband with al our questions and directions, the room was very clean we had a refrigerator, microwave in our room, fireplace down stairs lots of guests in lobby and in the hot tub, it was very home like and inviting. I am so glad we chose to stay here!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family