“Acceptable, but dated”

River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I had an acceptable 2 night stay at this hotel in Moab, Utah in July of 2014. The room was a standard American hotel room. There wasn't much extra space, but it was fine. It was more affordable than many of the other hotels in this popular tourist town. The furnishings seemed some what dated. The television was not a flat screen. The door used an electronic key, of which we received only one. They did not use a programmable key card system. The pool and hot tub were outdoors across the former alley. They looked worn, but were fine. Breakfast was not included. This hotel worked for us given our needs and choices, but is not a place for a long term stay.

Room Tip: Further from the lobby and pool the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, Owner at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Mr. CletusMinneapolis,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our property. It is so good to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We are always looking for ways we can improve our guests’ experiences, and we appreciate your feedback about our TVs and our electronic key systems. On behalf of our entire River Canyon Lodge team, we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Moab.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Room was nice, location ok but toilet was blocked. It must be a common problem as outside the lift on each floor was a plunger. Maybe all hotels in moab have this problem but it is the year 2014 and these this should not happen.

Pool was ok but over chlorinated

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MongerNick

MongerNick,
I appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. I was so sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied during your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff is tasked with ensuring that all plumbing devices are in proper working order, and your room should have been thoroughly checked before your arrival. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us the opportunity to improve in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I made a reservation on their website, they took my credit card number and stated an email will be sent to me. However I did not receive anything. 2 days before my stay I called them just in case to check and they told me it was too late to cancel and my credit card will be charged. I told them I never received an email nor their cancellation policy. I was informed by the gentleman on the other side that it was not his problem and it was the website's fault, he will go ahead and charge my credit card. Needless to say I will be disputing this charge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tashak73

Tashak73,

I am sorry to hear to that a mix-up occurred with your email confirmation, which is handled automatically through our website. Our cancellation policy is stated on the room selection page at time of booking, and also under Terms and Conditions during reservation confirmation. Our policy states that guests may cancel before 3pm 1 day prior to arrival, and that cancellations may be done over the phone or online. I apologize for the way your concerns were handled initially.

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention; your feedback is essential to help us to improve.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My two preteen granddaughters and I stayed here on our road trip to CO this summer. We wanted a hotel close to Arches National Park that had a pool and was close to town so we could walk to breakfast and possibly dinner. Check in was easy, no lines. The room was clean and very adequate with two queen beds and no smell of smoke. The pool was large with one whole end devoted to the spa so there was plenty of room for the kids to swim and the adults to hang out. I was disappointed with the lack of parking as there were no spaces left when we returned from dinner and I had to park on the street. However....my mistake which I realized in the morning when we walked to breakfast. There was additional parking in the rear. The location about a block off the Main Street meant this room was quiet at night. The view from our room was the neighbors yard but I didn't expect any fabulous views so wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet F

Dear Janet F,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our property! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the pool and spa areas. The satisfaction and comfort of our guests is out highest priority. On behalf of our entire River Canyon Lodge team, we thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip through Moab!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was clean and the people were friendly working behind the counter. I was traveling through and was looking for a budget hotel. I would stay here again. You get what you pay for and I was happy with what I got.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The carpet is horrible. The place needs a makeover but it's way cheaper then anything else in Moab. I'd probably stay there again but they have a block on the hot so you get a luke warm shower. This makes me mad and really irritates me. I can deal with outdated for the huge difference in price . I would definitely prefer to pay a little more for a nice hot shower and new carpet though.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Trip on a budget. Got what I paid for. Old hotel not renovated. Only lights in room are huge fluorescents. Didn't like finding one long brown hair on bathroom floor and one on a towel. Location great.

• Stayed: June 2014