“Beautiful”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Moab
West Jordan, Utah
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for the wonderful stay in your beautifully remodeled hotel, we sure had a wonderful time in Moab and we will be coming back next year and we will stay here again . Clean rooms, soft pillows, great coffee/breakfast, cleaning ladies were very helpful and friendly, front desk gang was the best ! Especially May, nothing better then the help wanting a belly rub !!!
Thanks again Cory and Keith

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Hyde Park, UT
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Let's face it, anything during the "busy" season in Moab is out-of-this-world expensive. However, Moab Valley Inn provided everything we needed without stripping our bank account too much, especially in comparison with what you can get in Moab. We traveled with our family (three adults and one 11-year-old).

Pretty much everything nice and clean was $150 or more. Anything under $100 was quite the dump. Moab Valley Inn has recently been renovated and the rooms look and feel really nice. I wasn't expecting a Hilton but I received more than I was expecting in both comfort and amenities. It was quiet (even though it's right on the main drag), and a couple of good restaurants are right across the street along with a grocery store. Downtown eateries and stores were about a 1/2 mile up the street, so we just drove and parked at a business before walking around downtown.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a double-queen room upstairs as we didn't want to hear foot traffic overhead.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bryan E
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was just what we wanted - reasonably priced, centrally located and walkable to main street shops and restaurants. The Moab Brewery and a grocery store are right across the street and the pool and hot tub were just what we needed. Updated rooms were nice and hotel room (facing the back of the hotel) was very quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tjdunion
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've been staying at the Moab Valley Inn for years and have stayed at most of the hotels/motels in town. We often end up at the Moab Valley Inn because it's usually a pretty good value compared to others. We were pleasantly surprised by how the recent remodel turned out. Room was comfortable and clean, the fridge was a decent size and fit our snacks and drinks, and the room had decent space for everything. While it's not as conveniently located as the Best Westerns, it's still within walking distance of bars and restaurants. Service was very good as well and efficient. Our friends booked a Queen Suite room but it didn't seem they remodeled the sinks, etc as nice as our regular queen/queen room. We'll be more likely to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool can be loud with all the kids running wild below.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeffontheroad
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights here while in Moab and had a great stay. Room was very clean, overnight activity was very quiet, and front desk staff were very accommodating to us. Walking distance (about 3 blocks south) of what I would call the main downtown section of Moab. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JayneticMuffin
Susan S, General Manager at Moab Valley Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad your recent stay met your expectations and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Moab.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The MVI is a newly renovated, clean, well equipped hotel, located near the center of busy Moab, Utah.

It’s within walking distance to several stores and restaurants, including the Moab Brewery (Recommended if you’re thirsty) which is right across the street. The facility includes an indoor pool, and hot tub, exercise room, continental breakfast, laundry rooms, and several vending machines. It’s two floors, and there are elevators.

But, during my week long stay, several minor faults were discovered. I will attribute most of them to the “Newly-Renovated” situation. Because the updating was just recently completed, some little things were overlooked. First, there were no chairs in my room, desk type or otherwise. Sitting on the bed instead of a chair for an extended period is not fun. I told the office right way, two days later, still nothing. The desk was also devoid of any type of lighting. Apparently my room was not unique. I saw maintenance delivering chairs and lamps on my way out the third morning. After returneding in the evening –still no chair. I finally took one that was sitting in the hallway. I had a chuckle when it was too tall to fit under the desk though. Also, there’s was a big empty corner in my room where an easy chair would fit. Alas, Nothing but empty space. Then there’s the bathroom door that refused to stay open. I discovered one of the hinge pins was not installed correctly. And my room had a toilet that trickled non-stop.

For the most part, these are minor annoyances. But then there’s the internet situation. The free in-room Wi-Fi was very slow, and signal weak. The “Computer” in the Business Office should be thrown in a dumpster. It’s an old XP Dell unit (Microsoft is ending support for XP machines in April –are we listening management?) that was so slow, and unresponsive, that I ran the already installed (But not updated) Anti-Malware software, and found viruses installed. Not a good situation.

It may sound funny as this point, but I would still recommend the Moab Valley Inn to travelers seeking lodging in Moab. It’s very clean, and reasonably priced. Most of the issues will work themselves out in time. Just watch out for that computer in the business office.

Room Tip: Lower floor means easy exits, but parked cars are close to your windows.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeffrey J
Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize that your room was missing lamps and chairs. As you stated, we have just finished a major remodel of the hotel and unfortunately the lamps and chairs had not arrived in time. I am happy to say that all the rooms now have desk chairs, sitting chairs and lamps and we are very excited about our new, remodeled rooms.

And your comment about the business center computer is spot on, I have a new computer on order so we can retire that old Dell.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience with us while trying to finish up a winter long remodel.
coloado
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The fumes from the recent remodel are so strong that my eyes were stinging after only a few minutes in the room. We asked for another room, and were blown over by the fumes as soon as we opened the door. The young woman at the front desk told me that my credit card would be charged for two nights even though I was only there for a few minutes. We left anyway and luckily got the last room at the best western which is awesome.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ColoadoKate
Susan S, General Manager at Moab Valley Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your response. I apologize that your experience was less than pleasant. We have recently remodeled our guest rooms over the winter and although we are very excited about our new rooms, I realize that some people are very sensitive to new paint and furniture smells. We do not charge any guest if they find the accommodations not to their liking upon check in and therefore your credit card was not charged any amount. Once again, I do apologize for your inconvenience. Thank You!