“inca inn, Moab, Utah”

Inca Inn
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 May 2014

located on the main road side, its a neat place. hassle free check in and out. Complimentary break fast which is okay. Choice of restaurants nearby for lunch/dinner. Very helpful reception staff. Its a value for money stay.

There are newer reviews for Inca Inn

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the Inca Inn during the tail end of Easter Jeep Safari and we loved everything about it! The rooms are extremely clean and we even got a cool LED shower head. Madge helped us check in and even gave us food recommendations. They have Starbucks coffee in the mornings and just a real friendly vibe. I would definitely stay there again! Also, the prices were very reasonable, especially during the Jeep safari.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is Moab you need a place to sleep, after a full day of playing outside period. Our room was small, retro style an very clean. The refrigerator & microwave in our room was handy.
The Inca's downtown location is great walking distance to food an shops. Next door is wonderful breakfast & sandwich shop. (Pack that sandwich for the day)
The Inca offers very good coffee & some free breakfast food every morning. Front Desk people are very nice an helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for 6 nights during the Easter Jeep Safari. I liked it so well I tried to reserve for next year but was told I couldn't make reservations that far in advance. Older hotel but clean and in an excellent location. Parking is limited and a little tight but we got by. Breakfast is fairly limited but okay. Only complaint is the Wi-Fi, which was terrible! I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank raycn
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at the Inca Inn twice. The manager was different this time but was very helpful when we had difficulty getting into the room with the key. The carpets had some sand in them that it wasn't noticable until I knealt on the carpet. Because of the wind and fine red sand it is difficult to keep rooms clean. I would definitely stay here again. The staff are all local people and they know the area well. For the price I don't think you can find better accomadations in Moad.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were able to get a room at the last minute because there had been a cancellation. Although the room was larger than we needed (3 queen sized beds), we were not charged extra. When I told the receptionist that we would miss breakfast because we had to check out at 6 a.m., she brought us a bag of muffins and bananas. This is a budget motel, so one should not expect the Ritz, but if you prefer a place that is charming, well located with a wonderful staff, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I were in Moab recently for five days of hiking in Arches and Canyonlands. We had a very nice stay at Inca Inn. Its a nice budget motel. I only took issue with a few small things about our room. First, it had no coffee maker. It had a mini frig and a microwave so I don't understand why they would not put a small coffee maker in each room. Second, the shower heads are extremely low. I'm 6' tall and I know it is an older motel, but the shower had was not higher the 5'2" so I was constantly bending over in the show. Third, the hot/cold water consistency in the shower was always changing abruptly, especially in the morning. I would get it to the right temp and then it would shoot out cold water and then scalding hot. I never could figure it out. Despite these minor things, the hotel was really conveniently located, they had a small continental breakfast each morning and the staff was extremely friendly. We would stay here again while in Moab.

1  Thank Andrsonevn
Inca_Owner, Owner at Inca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I feel so fortunate to have guests who genuinely care about the job we are doing here at the Inca Inn. We have comment cards in our rooms in the hopes that our guests will let us know when anything is amiss so that we can fix whatever is necessary (right then and there). Reviews like this one are of great benefit to us. We fix what we can as quickly as we can (our goal is to fix immediately, or at least within 24 hours). There are some things however, that we can't fix given the age and construction of the motel.

We don't put coffee makers in the rooms because of the limited space we have and the limited amperage we have available for each room. Coffee makers (believe it or not) consume huge amounts of electricity. As an alternative we offer fresh brewed Starbucks coffee, all day long in our lobby. We know it's not as convenient as a coffee maker in the room but the quality is so much better than the cheesy cheap stuff you find in hotel coffee service packets!

Low shower heads. We're almost through getting them fixed. The height isn't the only issue.........we must also make sure that the shower head will pivot as necessary. The higher the shower head the more the shower head must be able to angle down to ensure ample water coverage for our guests who aren't quite as tall as our reviewer here.

And the hot/cold dilemma with our showers. This is a problem we cannot reasonably fix. It is a problem that most older hotels experience as the plumbing wasn't done in a way to solve the inconsistent water temps. I'm thinking about calling the shower issue the "Inca Inn dance"? It happens from time to time (certainly not all the time!) and we try to minimize the problem by having ample water pressure and then a circulation pump which distributes hot water evenly to each bathroom. This work around has helped a lot but the circulation pump is not adequate to eliminate the problem. I hate the fact that I can't get rid of this issue but at least I can live with the fact that most other places in town have the same problem and we've been able to minimize the frequency and magnitude of the problem when it occurs.

When this guest comes back to pay us a visit I hope they will notice a new innovation (along with the shower height fix) that will add to their Inca Inn showering experience................Mood Shower Heads! That's right. We've got 'em and we hope they will add to your memories when staying with us at the Inca Inn. Enjoy a colorful light dance as you remove the grime and grit from an active day in Moab! We think they are pretty darn cool and hopefully they'll distract you if you happen to face a temperature change?.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who takes the time to comment. We don't advertise and we rely on happy guests to spread the word............and to let us know if and when we screw something up!

If you are considering a stay with us do take the time to view our brief video..........providing a tour of our motel which will definitely give you the "basic feel for the place". Its on YouTube or on our web site.

Happy travels!