“Moab Under Canvas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Moab
GreenLeadersGold level
“Moab Under Canvas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in a teepee for 2 nights. With the temperature dropping into the 30s I was concerned that we would be cold. The sleeping bags provided were more than adequate. Great value and great location. Staff was very friendly. My only negative complaint is there were only 6 bathrooms available and 1 of these was out of order. However, the waits were negligible and generally did not affect the experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Darencole28, General Manager at Moab Under Canvas, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback and I appreciate the kind words!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience with the shower and I always appreciate feedback on how we can improve any and all components of our experience.

I hope to see you back during your next visit to Moab!

Moab Under Canvas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Indonesian first
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stay in a Tipi with my sis, it was great! I've read some bad reviews about this place but what do u expect? You are camping in middle of nowhere. It's nice that they have everything set up for u. And the staffs were nice, view was amazing, and that Peace Tree restaurant (which is two miles away in downtown Moab and they deliver breakfast n lunch) that they cater at has the best food ever! I really enjoyed my stay. Place is a bit hard to find, it's about 30 miles off I-70 along Hwy 191, drive till u see a small white tent/sign on ur left.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeanna_Song
Jeanna

Thank you for the kind words and I’m happy to hear you and your sister had a great time.
Karen and the crew at the Peace Tree do an amazing job and have some of the best food in town!

The best way to find us is to link through to our directions page at http://www.moabundercanvas.com/contact.html. We are located just 18.9 miles south of I-70 and 11 miles north of Moab! We also just installed some great lights on the sign at night so we are much easier to spot once the sun goes down!

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!

Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We rented a Teepee for 2 nights. Very clean and comfortable.Sleeping bags and towel service provided. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hot beverages available. Great location. Beautiful views of LaSal Mountains and Red cliffs. Close to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and downtown Moab.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant and comfortable experience! I hope to see you back on your next trip to Moab.

Mendocino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am so glad I stumbled upon this surfing the world wide web. Moab Under Canvas was such a unique, perfectly delightful experience. We (my daughter and I) stayed in a Safari tent, equipped with a king size bed, dresser, side table, and a little kitchenette table. The accommodations were great with a nearby trailer for showering and the restroom. The staff were absolutely amazing, from answering geological questions of the area, to restaurant recommendations, the great host at the bonfire nightly keeping the conversation going and welcoming, to supply of ziplock baggies for our rafting trip. Each and everyone went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and amazing. Now to mention the location and beautiful back drop! Wow! They have picked such a great location in the desert and it was such a great experience waking up and going back nightly. I would highly recommend Moab Under Canvas for anyone looking for a unique camping experience.

Room Tip: Safari tents and above. Tipi don't seem like they'd be the best unless staying alone.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sapphire M
Darencole28, General Manager at Moab Under Canvas, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I’m so happy to hear you had a great time and got to enjoy our unique experience first hand! We love what we do and the area we live in and it is such a pleasure to share that with our guest.

We just got pie makers for the bonfire so next time you are in the area stop on by and we will fix you a little treat!

Take care and thank you for the kind words!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

New, clean, well appointed tent with a great view of the Arches Nationsl park. The stove came in handy as the temperature dropped at night. Expensive but fun to enjoy camping without having to buy and carry all the gear. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darencole28, General Manager at Moab Under Canvas, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our unique approach to camping.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to Moab.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The staff was great, Steven upgraded us to deluxe for our honeymoon after meeting him on a rafting trip! The tent was beautiful with a king size bed and your own wood stove! The view outside the tent was beyond your imagination! Definitely coming back!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank libus7
Thank you for the kind words and I'm so glad we could be part of your new adventure together!

We will hold a deluxe unit for your one year anniversary!

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were planning our first trip to Moab. We saw Moab Under Canvas and I thought this would be a very fun change of pace. I also saw a couple reviews that concerned me. I reached out to staff, asked questions and they asked us to give them a try. I am so happy that we did. The view was great and it was a wonderful opportunity to unplug and unwind. Thank you Moab Under Canvas. Your staff was wonderful. We look forward to our next visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IndianaLisa
Darencole28, General Manager at Moab Under Canvas, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Lisa

First of all thank you for contacting us in advance of your trip and allowing us the opportunity to address any of the concerns you may have had!

I'm please to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide a great experience for your trip to Moab.

We hope to see you again soon!