“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was happy with all aspects of this hotel, except the staff could be a bit warmer. The restaurant they recommended was terrible. I found frozen food from the supermarket better quality. Breakfast was very good by American standards. Room service was a very high standard.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank 743jackyl
MoabHotelier, Manager at Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
743Jackyl,

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet and surpass your expectations. We recently added a wider variety of breakfast options including fresh seasonal fruit, Buttery croissants and a variety of breakfast meat. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

ccovey@canyonlandsinn,com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just got back from a short vacation in Moab mountain biking and all I can say is WOW for the Canyonlands Inn. Hands down one of the finest hotels in the US let alone in Moab! Have stayed before and will continue to keep coming back. Love what they did with the new infinity hot tub, great for meeting friends after some hard riding on the trails. Thanks Candy, Tessa and Zak for making sure our stays are such a great experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Randy D
Randy D,

We are always so happy to have you and your group stay with us. I am happy to hear you loved our new renovations. I hope we also got your peanut butter cookies during your stay. As always we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

There are so many unique and special things about this BWPlus! it is hard to list them all! Great room, amazing breakfast area. Huge mufti-level covered patio with cushioned chairs and chaises. And....a beautiful fire-pit! Easy walking access to shops and restaurants.

1 Thank Cargowego
Joyce L,

Your review was great! We really appreciate the positive feedback! I hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in the heart of Moab near restaurants and shops. Overall we were happy with our room. However, the WiFi can be very dicey in our room. No problem using WiFi from the deck on the 2nd floor. The staff claim all of Moab has problems with WiFi. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Second issue is the shower. It only has about an inch lip to hold back the water. Could be dangerous for an older person because the floor gets wet.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy H
Tammy H,

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for your difficulty with our wireless internet during your stay. We recently upgraded our wi-fi to include redundant service to alleviate any issues with quality. The room you stayed in was an ADA accessible room. The small flexible lip allows a wheel chair to be taken into the shower. I am sorry you had difficulty with water outside the shower, I am having our maintenance department investigate the issue.

I hope that you will visit again soon.

Yuba City, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Best Western PLUS Canyonlands Inn, Moab, Utah. The rooms were very large, clean and well decorated. All hotel staff that we encountered were very friendly from the office staff to the breakfast staff.

1 Thank Terrie L
Terrie L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if you need further assistance please let me know.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

No help whatsoever Their internet website switched the reservation to the day I made it instead of the month later and so they charged full price and would not give us a break on the night we had to stay there anyway since we arrived late at night. No customer service at all. That is all I have to say but they are also forcing 200 characters as they know that will discourage a lot of people from writing reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Charles M
MoabHotelier, Manager at Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Charles M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not fully taken care of upon departure. I will continue our private exchange via e-mail as we have been.

Respectfully,

Operations & Marketing

ccovey@canyonlandsinn.com
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The title sums up our experience...new building, clean rooms and well run facilities, superbly helpful staff who dealt smoothly with a noisy-room situation our first night, very decent nearby restaurants and located right in the middle of Moab, at Center and Main, across from the Moab Visitor Center. However, at ~ $200/night, this was an expensive choice for a stay in Moab at any time. I have traveled to Moab for years and know the area. I chose the BW Canyonlands for the location so that my wife and I could walk the town; I paid almost twice what a five-minute drive would have gotten me. I also suggest never accepting a handicapped-accessible room here unless it is necessary for one of your party; if this is all that shows up on the Internet, call the hotel directly and check for other options.

1 Thank Voyageur40
Voyaguer40,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt you did not receive value for the price paid. We are priced very competitively in Moab. We offer a wide variety of amenities not often found in Moab. I hope that you will visit again soon.

Operations & Marketing