“Good hotel choice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Good hotel choice”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel is a nice place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. A buffet breakfast was included, and there were a lot of good choices, both hot and cold. The nice size room with a comfortable bed was clean and nicely furnished.
One drawback was the noisy young people in the hall early each morning on the weekend I stayed there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
McLeanHotelier, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
JaneD213,

I am glad you like our award winning hotel and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet each morning with a selection of hot and cold items to select from. I apologize for the noise from the group. We did have a sports team staying with us that weekend.

In the future, I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Washington, D.C. area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

About two weeks ago I stayed in this hotel and it was a great experience, as always. The staff is as friendly as it always has been but i do miss the cute front desk clerk from this past summer. That girl was my favorite. Lauren i think was her name? Aside from her, the assistant manager, Justin, is one of the most helpful staff members around! Keep up the good work, Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kellllllly
KellIIIIIy,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us, and that you have on other occasions as well! Yes, Justin is a great asset to our hotel and I am so glad you found him to be very helpful. Thank you for your repeat business. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you're in the McLean-Tysons Corner, VA area!
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Staybridge property and I was pleasantly surprised. The suites themselves were great but what made the property fantastc was the staff. Hazel at the front desk helped me with questions even before our arrival and was even more helpful when we arrived. Everything went out of their way to make sure our stay went smoothly. I would highly recommend it and I appreciate the helpfulness of the staff. Thanks.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Barstis601,

I am so glad you had such a great experience with us and experienced what our hotel brand is all about! Thank you for the wonderful compliment about Hazel. She is a big asset to our brand and to our hotel! Thank you for your patronage, and I hope the next time your travels bring you to the Washington, D.C. area I hope you'll think about staying with us first. If you're traveling elsewhere, we have almost 200 Staybridge Suites throughout the world.
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was the first time we stayed at a Staybridge Suite. WOW what a find. The suite was exceptional. Two TV's, one in the den area and another in the separate bedroom. A fully equipped kitchen is included in the suite. Stove, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishes, flatware, etc. are all included. The Suite was very clean and fresh. The people at the front desk were excellent. They even made us fresh coffee late at night when we returned from dinner. The breakfast includes an omelet station so you can have a freshly made omelet your way. Very convenient to shopping and restaurants. If you need a place to stay in the D.C. area, definitely give Staybridge a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SaveroomforDes,

I am so glad you experienced what a Staybridge Suites is all about! Thank you for your wonder comments and compliments. I hope you will be coming back to the Staybridge Suites again soon! When you do, please ask for Mark. I would love to meet you in person! Have a wonderful spring and summer with safe travels!
NYC
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had a nice stay at the hotel -- pleasant, quiet room. The only problem was that I needed to book a cab for a very important meeting. I was told to call ahead and I did so. I came downstairs and no cab. Front desk person was not helpful -- she finally called after 30 minutes and it did not help. The manager also just shrugged. No cab showed up for 60 minutes and I luckily ran onto the street and hailed one down with luggage in tow. Yes, cab companies can be unreliable but this is completely unacceptable for a hotel that also caters to business people. The front desk service also completely undermines an otherwise fine hotel. Disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear DPDNY,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites McLean over the Christmas holiday while visiting relatives. It is a pleasant hotel with good-sized rooms, a decent albeit not great breakfast buffet, excellent wi-fi service, and pleasant staff. We paid $95 per night, which I believe is a reasonable rate. We will be retuning to the area later in January, and I thought about booking at this Staybridge once again. The rate for the same room, however, would be $140 per night, nearly 50% higher than our December stay.

In my view, the $95/night rate is reasonable, but it is not worth $140/night. If on a business trip and your company is paying, I suppose it would be OK, but if out of your own pocket, I would suggest looking elsewhere for a better value, as did we.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank InspectorT
InspectorT,

We appreciate your business! Yes, just like other hotels in our vicinity, our rates are much higher during the week and during peak times. The one big advantage for us is that we offer a suite, not just a guest room. Unlike other hotels, we also offer free internet, free breakfast buffet, free dinner three nights per week with beer and wine, free parking, free laundry and more. We offer special holiday rates for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope we have the privilege of accommodating you again on a future holiday visit!
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Staff was hospitable, breakfast great, small evening meals inviting, free upgrade, family friendly, roomy suites, GREAT location walking distance to market, restaurant, and stores, internet good. Just a super pleasant stay with many amenities.

Room Tip: Choose one facing courtyard. Quieter and nicer view.