“Only hotel around!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Duncan, South Carolina
“Only hotel around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

But, the hotel was clean and reasonably priced considering there was no competition. It is in walking distance to a couple of good restaurants.....I highly recommend J. Gilbert's. The only question I had was why in the world did they serve steamed rice for breakfast?? The only person I saw partaking was one of the kitchen staff. The room was clean and staff friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FowlerBuzz
McLeanHotelier, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
FowlerBuzz,

Thank you for your comments and for the opportunity of serving your travel needs.

We're glad you found our hotel to be clean and our staff friendly!

To answer your question concerning rice for breakfast. Since we are in the DC area, we get many folks that are from the middle east and far east. They request that we have steamed rice available for breakfast.

We hope we have the privilege of accommodating you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The service here was fantastic, and the employees were very nice. The room was absolutely spotless and clean. The breakfast was very good, and I was overall very satisfied with this hotel. I will definitely be coming back here with my family soon.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Boberta77
McLeanHotelier, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Boberta77,

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad you were pleased with our service, suite cleanliness, and staff, and that you enjoyed our free breakfast buffet each morning!

I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you and your family the next time you're in the Washington, D.C. area!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

All the staff at Staybridge McLean were great! They welcome you into the hotel as if they are welcoming you into their own home. Due to a bus load of school kids, we were upgraded from a queen studio suite to a king one-bedroom suite because they could not accomodate two double beds for myself and my sister. And no extra charge!
We were there for six nights and truly felt like we were all one family. Many of the staff ( Shawn, Jonathan, Hazel, and Hind to name the ones with which we had the most contact) addressed us by name every time we even had casual contact. They did this with all the guests. They even remembered what everyone was scheduled to do for the day and inquired how we did at our activities.
We had a full breakfast buffet every morning and a light dinner buffet Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. Coffee and milk available 24hrs.
The best benefit at this hotel was the free shuttle which would take guests anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Almost everyone used it to go to and from the nearby West Falls Church metro station. This was a super special benefit because you just called the front desk and they came and picked you up. It runs from 7am to 11 pm.
This is a wonderful hotel to use as home base for a trip to DC or the surrounding area. We rented a car and visited Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, and Mt Vernon. They even have free laundry in the hotel. We packed light because we knew we could do laundry every few days. They have thought of everything at this hotel. Don't bother going anywhere else. This hotel is the absolute best place to stay for your DC vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank twin2934
Twin2934,

I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your review. I am so glad we exceeded your expectations! I have made copies of your review and made the employees you've mentioned aware of the great compliments.

It was a privilege having you stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity of accommodating you again the near future!
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel felt like a home away from home. I enjoyed the hot breakfast and the friendly breakfast staff. Our room was a suites and it was very spacious. The location is a little busy but had a lot to do in the area. I would come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kelly g
JaneD213,

Thank you for the great review of the Staybridge Suites!
I am so glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that our buffet breakfast was included, and there were a lot of good choices, both hot and cold to select form and that the suite was both clean and nicely furnished with a comfortable bed
We did have a sports group in the hotel and they were a little noisy. I do apologize for the excess noise at the time.
Thank you for your patronage, and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again on your next trip to the Washington, D.C. area!
Hackensack, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel is a nice place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. A buffet breakfast was included, and there were a lot of good choices, both hot and cold. The nice size room with a comfortable bed was clean and nicely furnished.
One drawback was the noisy young people in the hall early each morning on the weekend I stayed there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
McLeanHotelier, General Manager at Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
JaneD213,

I am glad you like our award winning hotel and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet each morning with a selection of hot and cold items to select from. I apologize for the noise from the group. We did have a sports team staying with us that weekend.

In the future, I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Washington, D.C. area!
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

About two weeks ago I stayed in this hotel and it was a great experience, as always. The staff is as friendly as it always has been but i do miss the cute front desk clerk from this past summer. That girl was my favorite. Lauren i think was her name? Aside from her, the assistant manager, Justin, is one of the most helpful staff members around! Keep up the good work, Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kellllllly
KellIIIIIy,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us, and that you have on other occasions as well! Yes, Justin is a great asset to our hotel and I am so glad you found him to be very helpful. Thank you for your repeat business. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you're in the McLean-Tysons Corner, VA area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Staybridge property and I was pleasantly surprised. The suites themselves were great but what made the property fantastc was the staff. Hazel at the front desk helped me with questions even before our arrival and was even more helpful when we arrived. Everything went out of their way to make sure our stay went smoothly. I would highly recommend it and I appreciate the helpfulness of the staff. Thanks.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Barstis601,

I am so glad you had such a great experience with us and experienced what our hotel brand is all about! Thank you for the wonderful compliment about Hazel. She is a big asset to our brand and to our hotel! Thank you for your patronage, and I hope the next time your travels bring you to the Washington, D.C. area I hope you'll think about staying with us first. If you're traveling elsewhere, we have almost 200 Staybridge Suites throughout the world.
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
#10 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!