Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Tysons Corner Marriott(Tysons Corner)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdc areagreat falls national parktwo bedroom suitebeer and wineomelet stationhot breakfast buffetgiant grocery storefree shuttlefull service hotelomelet bareach morningfull kitchensmall kitchenextra spacefire pitstove toppull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2011

During the snowstorm last week (January 26th) my wife and I were traveling through McLean, when the roads became impassable. After several hours on the road, we walked to the Staybridge to get a room. They were unfortunately sold out, but let 50-60 of us hang out by the fire in their great room, watch tv, and use their phone to contact family. We were told several hours later that they couldn't allow such a large crowd to sleep in the lobby, and we were asked to leave due to Fairfax County regulations. I'm not sure why some would post the reviews that they have, claiming bad hospitality by this property - we were treated well, and the Fairfax Police were the ones that asked us to leave.
This is a great hotel (I've stayed in it before) - I got married in Tysons Corner and almost all of our out of town guests stayed at this property due to its reputation.

Thank you for helping out a stranded motorist for a few hours!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I usually don't feel the need to write reviews, but I had to after reading the comments alleging that the management is "heartless." From what I can tell, the management allowed DOZENS of people -- not guests --- to stay on their premises for 6 hours or more because of the weather. That means using their bathrooms, telephones, TV sets, wi-fi, etc. The management correctly informed everyone there were no rooms at the outset. Rather than take umbrage at the fact that the management quite reasonably asked them to make other arrangements, they should appreciate that they were given those hours of comfort. These people could have been camped out in one of the nearby restaurants and would have been required to pay for food/drink and use of those premises, but for some reason they think a hotel -- private property -- has some obligation to provide free amenities for as long as the refugees want?

I lived in DC, and McLean specifically, for 25+ years and the failure of the community to prepare for snow removal, or better yet, stay home and not clog the roads was not the fault of this hotel. These people have no basis to post any sort of negative comments since they were not guests of the hotel and did not make use of the rooms, buffet, or anything else. They need to appreciate that they were provided for at all!.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I arrived at Staybridge Suites during the snowstorm that hit Northern VA on January 26, 2011. After being in the car for 4 hours and not moving, I joined about 70 other guests in the lobby. Even though the hotel didn't have any vacancies, they were extremely helpful and very accommodating given the circumstances. This hotel is an extended stay hotel where they don't have a large room to accommodate the surge of guests they experienced.

I want to thank Staybridge and their staff for everything they did for us during a stressful situation. I live locally but will definitely recommend this hotel to any out of town guests coming to the Tysons area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2011

How about a cold & heartless award....

Shortly after work in Mclean, Virginia, traffic was at a stand still. As such, I stopped at the local Staybridge Suite Hotel on Old Dominion Drive in Mclean hoping to find a room.

Unfortunately it was sold out and so I stayed in the waiting area. As time passed, numerous other stranded motorists had the same idea congregating in the comfortable and (especially) warm spacious lobby. Around 30 of us were relaxing and passing time watching TV, working on computers and chatting on the phone or with each other. Around 11 p.m., the night manager said that we (30 peaceful "refugees") posed a security risk since there would be only one front desk person and we did not have reservations. Notwithstanding my numerous personal interactions and attempted compromises, the Fairfax County police showed up to remove all parties. 30 people disbursed who had been previously in the car for 5/6 hours and had just as much time to reach their final destination.

What a sad testament to humanity, to the owner and to what they consider the \"hospitality\" industry.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank WriterMo27
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This hotel has the aboslute worst management I have ever experienced. January 26,2011 there was a snowstorm that started in the Northern VA Area at about 3pm. After 6 hours of driving (less than 5 miles) and getting stuck or turned aroud due to downed power lines, overturned tractor trailer's, or wrecked cars, I managed to make it to this staybridge Inn & Suites. When I arrived, I was told there were no vacant rooms, and there were no other hotels with availability in the area. There were about 65 other people just sitting in the lobby in the same predicament as I was. I joined them and we all hoped to just wait out the storm, and wait for the roads to be cleared.

At about 11pm the Hotel Manager came out to tell us that he was going to make us leave the hotel at 11:30. Everyone was concerned, because the roads were impassable, some people had abandoned their cars and walked to the hotel to seek shelter, and the roads were still in bad condition. At 11:30, the police arrived telling us that we would have to leave or would be charged with trespassing since we were not paying customers. We all were shocked and more than willing to pay any price just to be able to sit in a chair in the lobby but they would not allow it.

I completely understand in usual circumstances that a hotel would not want non-paying guests to be loitering in the lobby. HOwever this was an extreme circumstance, and think it was completely heartless and unprofessional to kick out 65 people into the cold/unpassable roads. I am a 25 year old girl, who was forced to go out into the dark, cold, snowy roads completely alone. Or the 65 year old woman who had abandoned her car on a nearby street and got a ride from a stranger to the hotel. THis is the worst display of customer service i have ever experienced, and I will NEVER EVER give business to any Intercontinental Hotel Group Hotel as a result.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business