“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Pasa Thai is unassuming tucked away in the back part of a strip mall, but their food is pretty authentic, their wait staff is attentive and the prices are pretty good. They have a nice spice tray they bring out that you can add to your food to kick up the heat if you want to. Their crispy basil duck and crispy basil beef are fantastic, as is their Lad Na noodle dish. It's a restaurant you can eat quickly in, or hang out enjoying your afternoon. They never seem to be overly crowded so if you want to make it a long lunch with wine, that seems totally fine. It's not particularly a nice restaurant decor wise, so if you are trying to make a first date impression, this is probably not the one, but if you and a friend or long time sig other are looking for some tasty Thai, this is definitely a place to try!

There are newer reviews for Pasa-Thai Cuisine

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We've been going here for years, but today was our last visit. We have a very high tolerance for spice and heat - but they must have a new cook. The neighboring table sent their food back, because it was too hot for them to eat - ours was equally inedible. You would think the waitress would have noticed that both of us barely touched our food but they didn't bother to ask if there was a problem. In addition, our dishes did not contain the specified ingredients - mine had regular onions instead of spring onions, and the seafood soup included a grand total of one sad shrimp. In the past, this restaurant used to be full even on week nights - tonight, including ours, only two tables were occupied and we soon knew why...

1  Thank checkpointcheryl
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My whole family loves this restaurant. It is also a nice place to have lunch with a friend. The food is great. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. The best part is that they deliver. Pasa Thai is our go-to take out/delivery restaurant. Wonderful way to get a healthy meal when you don't want to cook.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Quite an interesting location. The moment you enter the location, it is quite clear that they mean business. The food was authentic (I mean as authentic it can get when reviewed by a desi). Also, the place seemed veggie friendly.

1  Thank naveen e
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I had been hearing and reading rave reviews about this place for a long time, including from family, so I was so curious to finally check it out. I admit that my expectations were high going in. I expected to be amazed. Unfortunately, I wasn't. While the staff is extremely friendly, I found the food between average and disappointing. The crab soup was nothing I was expecting. It was just a lot of watery broth and some crab that clearly lacked any swimming skills! The shrimp pad thai was average at best. It was okay but nothing spectacular. I've eaten far better for half the price. This place clearly has many fans but, unfortunately, I don't think I will count myself as one of them. There are so many far better Thai places in the McLean/Falls Church/Tyson's area.

1  Thank MominVirginia