“Fun Place!”

Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open year round serving lunch, dinner, Sunday Brunch, our extensive menu is family friendly and has something for everyone from sushi grade tuna to specialty salads, hand patted burgers and a new selection of fantastic entrees. The Coppertop Bar is the locals favorite spot, The Balcony Art Gallery upstairs features local artwork and the calendar of special events ensures there is always something going on! Head to the website for more information about Regional/ National Concerts, Murder Mystery Dinners, Free Weekly Team Trivia, Free Wine Tastings and so much more.
Reviewed 18 September 2012

They have amazing cream of crab soup! And a fun atmosphere inside. You can catch a live jazz performance and they even show movies in this re-done theater. On a nice day, sit outside and enjoy the sites and sounds of quaint Berlin.

Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Great food...and a ilittle out of the ordinary. I've never had Anythjng j didn't love!!! Try the summer pasta with seared ahi

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I left the crowded touristy scene of OC for a day trip to Assateague and then a late lunch/early dinner at The Globe. I was very interested in going there due to the reviews here but also the fact that it was an old movie theater and I'm a movieholic. We were seated right in front of the stage which has a piano on it and a movie screen which is always showing some older movie without sound. This was awesome.

I was very much in the mood for something different than the usual fried fare of OC. To start we each had a bowl (served in a large mug) of their homemade soup. My wife had the cream of mushroom and I had the chicken noodle. Both of these soups were the best I've ever had. In fact I was going to order some to go but got too full from the meal and lost the desire. The chicken soup was so flavorful. The seasonings were incredible.

We then had an appetizer. We tried the smoked tuna pizza. It was really good and different. There wasn't cheese on it but instead a wasabi sauce. Really tasty.

For dinner I had the Lemon Butter Chicken which was great. It came w/rice and I needed that change from all the fries I had been eating. My wife had the salmon dinner which was excellent as well. She loved it.

We were too full to have dessert. This is a special little quaint place that shouldn't be missed. It was among the best meals we had on our visit to OC.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have a vacation home near Assateague Island and love going to Berlin center for everything that is NOT Ocean City. Berlin is small, quaint and you can walk the entirety of Berlin in ten minutes. The Globe is a fun break from AYCE crab houses. Because the Globe was once a theater, it retains a little quirkiness, and still has folk style music performances at times to accompany evening meals. It is a little dark inside, but otherwise a pretty cool venue. The menu is not too adventurous, but what they do, they do well: Caesar salad, crab soup, crab cakes, filet and the occasional specials are all very good. Sunday brunches are quite good, usually with mimosa/Bloody Mary specials. Artwork hangs upstairs for display/purchase. This is a step above the flip flop/beach covering type restaurants in Ocean City, but not at all stuffy. Prices are reasonable for the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We enjoyed a great dinner and movie at The Globe..depending on the night,they have different entertanment ...ours was a movie,as it is an old theater. We had spicy wings and the cheese plate both which were outstanding.Our entrees were catfish,strawberry salad and a special Adult grilled cheese..imported cheese and veges not normally on a grilled cheese sandwich...followed by key lime pie and bread pudding to die for.Our only negative thoughts was there were two very misbehaved children in the movie area carrying on the whole time...parents did not control them...thinking they should have been asked to move by management to allow others to dine and watch the movie. Food was outstanding..service too.

Been to The Globe? Share your experiences!